62. Valentine's day

{SMUT INCOMING +18}

{Y/N's POV}

Fucking. Stupid. Idiotic. Valentine's. Day.

It's the dreaded day, and I am so happy it is on a Sunday. I am actually getting together with the single girls of the group, meaning, only Max was the only one not available for today, and Nancy tagged along because her boyfriend was not in town. Max and Lucas had been going strong with one another and they seem so happy together. I knew the reason they broke up was because of the difference of interests, but I am glad they could work it out despite it all.

Still, a twinge of jealousy sprung on me when she told us she couldn't come today because Lucas was taking her out all day. The girls were almost in the same spot as I was. I just want to drink cocktails and talk all day, without thinking much of it. I also talked with Mike yesterday night while Nancy was out with Robin.

He broke up with Jane, but he also broke up with Will. Now, what surprises me is that he is more saddened to have broken up with the boy, who he didn't actually date, than for his former girlfriend. Maybe Mike always had feelings for Will, that's the only explanation for him, but he never got to experience anything but Jane. He is spending today with Dustin... and Eddie. When he told me his plans for today, I was jealous of him as well. It seems jealousy is now stuck to my heart nowadays. He got to spend the day with the guy that ignited my want to spend this holiday with your partner. He made me want to be pampered, and taken out, and talk about nonsense together, as we sat next to the lake... I sighed as I rang Chrissy's doorbell, getting away from my thoughts. I heard stomps on the other side, and a very pretty, and well dressed, Chrissy Cunningham opened the door, making me frown slightly at her attire.

"Hi Y/N!" She beamed at me and I had an eyebrow raised up at her, wondering what was up with the get up. It was just us. I was wearing some jeans and a baggy black hoodie.

Eddie's hoodie. But they didn't need to know that.

"Well... Shit, you should of told me and I would have dressed up a little bit nicer." I said to her as I stepped into the warm home, the smell of lemon filling the air from the air fresheners.

"Oh, I just felt like dressing up today." She exclaimed and I felt something was weird. I have been looking at her the past few weeks, and the one she was interacting with the most was Robin.

"It's just us, right?" I had to make sure she wasn't inviting any guys, or Jason for that matter. She nodded at me as she guided me towards her kitchen, and I put my bag with many alcohol bottles and juices on top of the counter. I also brought some cut up fruits in Tupperware, but my eyes were still on Chrissy's amazing outfit. Tight jeans, a nice white laced blouse, with one of her shoulders showing, and she had her hair down, which she only did on special occasions.

"Yeah, Nance and Robin are gonna be a little late, because they had to take Mike to Ed—" And she cut herself before continuing and I sighed, getting the bottles out of the bag. I was getting kind of angry that everyone treats me as if I were fragile just by the mention of his mere name.

"You can say his name. And I know." She made a face that expressed she was sorry for bringing him up and went to grab glasses for our drinks. We weren't going to drink much, it was a Sunday after all. I bit my lip as I looked at her, and I noticed the flushness in her cheeks, as well as the color in her skin. She was healthier.

"Okay, so, for snacks I was thinking about salty popcorn. Or buttered." She mentions and I propped myself on the counter as I sat on the stool, inspecting her and she looked at me with a confused look on her face, the smile still on her lips. "What?"