58. The Final Game

{Eddie's POV}

If I have to hear another yell, or cheer, I am going to lose my mind. I agreed to come here because of Sinclair, and now I am dreading the time for this to be over with. It was too crowded, but I understood this was the final and all. I looked down at the bleachers and saw Y/N waving her pom poms towards her team, cheering them on. I felt my heart tug and I took a deep breath in.

I decided to be friends with her. I can't just jump right in again, not blindly.

It hurt me to tell her to just be friends, because my feelings were still very much there. I wanted to hug her and kiss her, and just be with her, and go on a date maybe... But I think we have a lot yet to build to keep going. I just hope that my trust for her builds fast, because I seriously miss her. I just cannot bring myself to actually be with her.

"We're down by a fucking point!" Max yelled, completely frustrated. She was cheering for her boyfriend but this seemed almost impossible. We had just one minute left, and everyone was losing their minds over this. Even I felt like having a cigarette from the edge I was feeling of it all. There's no possible way. We haven't been champions for the past 15 years, there's no fucking way.

"Holy SHIT!" My eyes widen at Steve's yell and I joined in as I stared at the court, seeing Sinclair actually go in between two of the opposite team, and stealing the ball from them.

"GO LUCAS!" I heard Y/N yell with her cheer team and it seemed everything went silent as Lucas jumped, tossing the ball in the air. Slow motion, that's what it felt like. The ball went round, and round, and round until it hit the hoop of the basket. One, two, three times, and as soon as we heard the horn, the ball went in, signaling the two points for our school. The gymnasium almost collapsed as everyone from school jumped in their seats, as well as my whole group of friends. I saw Nancy hugging Steve and my eyes slightly widened at that. They pulled away sort of awkwardly from eachother, and then hugged everyone else.

I saw Y/N running towards the court and Sinclair pulled away from Patrick's hug to receive Y/N's bear hug. He lifted her up with his arms around her waist and I felt my eyebrow twitch. I can't be jealous of everyone that touches her, Sinclair is her friend, much younger than her and is dating Red next to me. But my core boiled when she hugged Patrick. She pulled away almost instantly, and I remembered how he kissed her last time but I am glad that is not happening again. I saw her shake Jason's hand and he nodded at her.

He might not get into the college of his dreams because of the therapy sessions he is doing right now. That goes into your card, even if it means you are trying to get better, and it makes you a better person, colleges tend to see you as crazy, or problematic, and look the other way. I'm sure he will try something else to get in. I saw Y/N looking up towards us and she smiled widely and motioned Lucas to go up the bleachers. My heart beat fast into my throat as she ran up the seats, and she was wearing her all too well Cheerleading outfit.

Memories flooded in my mind and it was not the time to think about that, but I just couldn't help it. I remembered her scent, her kisses, her voice, her moaning, her breaths, her gasps, her squeals. Ah fuck... Focus Munson, get your shit together.

"Did you see that!?" Lucas yelled as he rushed over to Max who had her arms up towards him with a big smile on her face. He lifted her up as he wrapped his arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around his shoulders, giggling with happiness.

"I did! Holy shit Lucas!" She yelled as he put her down and gave her a peck on the lips with the biggest smile on his face.

"Dude, that was fucking amazing!" Mike yelled with a grin from ear to ear. I knew that something was going on with him. I am pretty sure he broke up with the Jane girl because he was less talkative about her. I cannot ask him straight up about it because he doesn't know that I know. It would be way too suspicious. I saw Gareth and Jeff putting their arms around Y/N's shoulders, one on each side, and I felt myself smile slightly at the gesture.