47. A Christmas Miracle

{Y/N's POV}

I was nervous beyond words. I was wearing my long sleeved red dress, with some opaque tights, and some short heeled black shoes. I feel like Miss Claus for fuck sake. This is so stupid. I looked at the envelope that was on my desk and I grabbed it to put it back into the drawer.

I shouldn't have bought that. I shouldn't have. He probably didn't get me anything, and friends don't give eachother gifts, at least not all the time, much less on Christmas time. Right? I didn't get Nancy or Robin anything, because I know they didn't get me anything, I asked. I didn't ask Eddie though... Why didn't I ask Eddie? Did I want him to gift me something? 

I never wanted gifts for Christmas, they're just gifts, material stuff... But something from Eddie. It would be nice. My thoughts were cut short as I heard a knock on the door and Laura walked in with her red long sleeved shirt with a pearl necklace, and her black pants. 

She had a smile on her face, the widest I've seen in a while. I knew she was happy to celebrate Christmas with me, and the house being decorated as well helped her everyday mood. I can't deny that waking up to a warm fire place was something that I never thought I needed.

"Estas preciosa mi amor." She says to me, calling me pretty and I felt a tint of blush on my cheeks. I smiled and nodded, putting on my silver bracelet on my wrist that I picked up from my desk.

"Gracias Nana. Vos tambien." I returned the compliment to her and she smiled wider, coming close to me, fixing my curls over my shoulder.

"I am so excited for tonight. It feels..." She looked at me and back to my hair and simply held her words in. I saw her eyes glisten and I realized what she was meaning to say to me. I smiled and nodded at her.

"It feels like a family Christmas dinner." I say to her and she looked at me again and nodded, wrapping her arms around me.

"Eddie was so worried you would kill him for being the master mind of decorating the house, and you actually endured it for a whole month." She says to me as I returned the hug back and I felt my eyes burn slightly.

"It grew on me." I explained to her and we pulled away, sniffling, trying to hold our tears in so our makeup wouldn't get smudged. She laughed as she fanned her eyes, turning as she grabbed my hands to follow her downstairs. Candles were lit all around, cinnamon and peppermint filled the air, the dining table was decorated in wreaths, red candles, a red tablecloth and white porcelain plates at the top. I gulped, realizing that this was going to be my first Christmas Dinner ever. Was it a normal dinner, just with a few extra decorations?

"Okay so, they should arrive in any minute, go get a wine for the table!" I winced slightly at the mention, since I am not a fan of wine myself. I walked over to the winery my dad had below the bar, and grabbed a new bottle of Chianti. I shrugged and walked towards the table once again, hearing the doorbell ring. My heart skipped a beat, feeling it about to explode. 

I heard Laura's heels tapping against the wooden floor as she reached the door, and I was feeling my nerves fly out of my hands already. I turned away from the arch that connected to the receiver area and I walked towards the music player. I brought my own mixtapes downstairs because my father's music taste is horrendous. I grabbed the cases and started looking through them, wondering what would be good for tonight. 

I was so into my own world that I didn't realize someone had walked into the living room, putting his jeweled up hands over mine, getting hold of a cassette. My heart went directly to my mouth.

"Definitely this one." I heard Eddie's voice and I looked up at him.

Dear. Mother. Of. God.

He was wearing his hair down, but his attire... He was wearing black dress up pants, a dark red button up shirt, with a black tie, and black blazer on top, his all too well sneakers at his feet. He diverted his smirk from the cassette towards me, looking down on me and I knew he was scanning my outfit as well. His eyes slightly widened, and his mouth fell open for a second before closing it again.