Chapter Thirty One

Christmas had flown by. Lexie had no idea where the year had gone. She had spent a wonderful few days with Johnny before he left for Paris, there had been countless kisses and other intimate actions which blew her mind, she hoped he had the same reaction to her.

Now it was New Year's Eve, and the day of her parents legendary annual party. She had stayed at her parents more or less since Christmas and was helping with the last bits of organisation. Her mum was planning to do her make up for her shortly, after all what was the use in having a professional make up artist mother and not using her once in a while? Lexie was incredibly excited because she had a gorgeous dress for tonight. It was black and strapless, it was floor length but had a huge slit up the front. It was incredibly sexy yet still elegant, and it made her feel like a million dollars. Her mother had chosen a sparkly sequin number, and her Dad had been told by her mother to go out and get a flash new suit, even though his closet was full of suits from his years of presenting. She was incredibly excited to get glammed up, and the beauty of all her friends' parents being friends with her parents meant they would have the best night all together.

As Lexie sat at her mother's dressing table in her "dressing room" they were busy gossiping about various things when Lexie's phone pinged.

I'm sure you'll be too busy later to chat, but have a wonderful evening my darling. Happy New Year. I hope this year brings you everything you want and more, Love and Respect always, JD x

Lexie was subconsciously smiling at the message and kept re reading it. They had been in constant contact since she left America and FaceTimed loads when it was appropriate. "What's got you all soppy?" Her mum asked whilst applying blush. "Nothing.." "Come on Lex, you can tell me!" "Okay, promise you won't make a big deal out of it?" "When have I ever?" "Ok don't answer that.. go on tell Mumma D." "Well, Johnny and I are kinda dating I suppose." "You suppose?" "Well yes, it's not really dating yet as we haven't really gone anywhere, but we both decided in America, that we had feelings for one another, and that we wanted to take things further, since then though we haven't really seen each other." "Apart from when he visited..." her mum said and Lexie could tell she was piecing things together. "So he wasn't just randomly dropping by, he came to see you?" "Yes. He purposely flew to London to see me before going onto Paris." "Lexie, that's adorable." "I know!!" "So what now?" "Well he's back in London the second week of January because he's working on some music stuff, he said he wants to see me as soon as he lands." "Wow, so he's interested? There's no suppose about it darling." "I guess not, just trying to not get my hopes up you know?" "I know. You've been hurt too many times." "Don't tell Daddy just yet ok?" "Why not? He will be happy for you." "Yeah but just with everything going on, I want people to know Johnny like I do, not the tabloid version." "Oh darling, I think you and I both know that as soon as we met Johnny in Venice, we knew he was a nice guy and not everything was as it seemed." "So you believe him too?" "Darling, as long as you do, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks but yes not that your father and I have talked about it at great length other than the odd conversation but yes I do think he's innocent in all this." Lexie hugged her mother and sat back in the chair, that meant a lot to her and she was pleased she had told her mum about hers and Johnny's budding new status.

In Paris, in one of the most exclusive hotels in the city, a party was being hosted in Johnny's honour for New Year's Eve. It wasn't a large party but it was full of his friends and family who had accepted the invitation. Of course he thought to invite Lexie but knew she had her own plans, besides she was yet to meet to the children officially as anything more than his Co star and he wanted to hold off on that for a while. Lexie and him spoke at great length when he visited. They agreed to not put any pressure on themselves, they would date and that would be it, hopefully keeping it as quiet and as low key as possible for now, that meant not telling his children too much either. Lexie was very happy with this arrangement and continued to reinforce it whenever her and Johnny spoke about it all.