One Hundred and Forty One

"I've done everything I could think of. I've upped security at all the properties. Sean has staff and management under review, and I've hired an investigator to look into it. The police have a report out but they've come up with nothing yet." Lexie said quietly sat beside Johnny. "You did the right thing Darling. I just can't believe this is happening." "Maybe I shouldn't have told you." She replied noticing how stressed he looked. "No, it's good, I just wish they would let me out of here so I can protect you all." "Johnny it's ok. Just focus on your recovery. We have it in hand."

A week later, Johnny was finally declared fit enough to leave the hospital and it wasn't a minute too soon in his eyes. Since waking from the coma, he had been an awful patient. He wasn't used to just sitting round doing nothing, and he was incredibly impatient for his recovery, desperately wanting to go about normal life.

He managed to get through the front door of their home by himself and was greeted by his three children. Lily was holding baby James who once again in Johnny's eyes had grown so much. He hugged and kissed them all before retiring to the couch, where Lexie gently placed the nursing cushion on his lap to ease his ribs before he was passed his youngest child. James opened his eyes and immediately smiled at his father. This made his day. "Hey buddy.." he stroked the baby's cheek. "He's missed you. We all have." Lily said quietly. Johnny lent to the side and kissed his daughter's head. "Not nearly as much as I missed you." He said smiling.

"Right... what do we all want for dinner?" Lexie said coming down the stairs after unpacking Johnny's bags and getting the bedroom set for him ready for whenever he wanted to rest. "What does Dad want?" Lily asked. Johnny smiled "I'm easy. Whatever you guys want." "Take out?" Jack questioned hopefully. "Sure why not? It's not like you guys haven't eaten enough crap food in recent weeks is it." Lexie chuckled. "I really need to think of a way to thank your parents for taking such good care of them." Johnny said to his wife. "Nonsense. They would do anything for their grandchildren." Lexie smiled.

Stephen and Gina arrived later that evening to visit Johnny, the former bringing him a stack load of paperwork relating to their upcoming film. "I've got so much to do. I need to get back on my feet ASAP." "Johnny you'll do no such thing, the doctor said you have to take it easy and rest." Johnny rolled his eyes at his wife "Excuse me, when I was attacked you barely let me use the bathroom by myself. Practice what you preach Depp." Lexie smirked as she began to feed James with a cover over her shoulder. Gina smiled "she's got a point." Holly smiled thankfully somebody else was talking sense.

After feeding her baby and handing her over to Johnny, Lexie stood to make the group some drinks, she headed into the kitchen and put the kettle on before pouring Gina a glass of wine. Her phone rang so she headed to the island to pick it up. Spotting it was a number that was not saved in her phone she answered it as professionally as possible.

"Lexie Depp"
"Oh hello Mrs Depp." A sick sadistic voice said making her jump.
"Who is this?"
"You've forgotten about me already have you?"
"Who is this?" Lexie repeated sternly but failed to hide the anxiety in her voice.
"I was your fairytale Upon a time, but now I'm your nightmare."
"Harry?" Lexie questioned, silently begging it wasn't her ex.
"Got it in one sweetheart."
"You're meant to be under arrest."
"Yeah well I got out on bail didn't I?" He said chuckling. "It's amazing what a few bribes can do."
"Harry just go live your life stay away from me."
"No.. I choose not to. How's hubby?"
"What?" Lexie asked confused.
"Your husband.. he almost, well he should have died shouldn't he?"
Lexie knew that Johnny's injuries were heavily reported on but nobody actually knew apart from immediate family and the medial staff how close he came to dying.
"He's recovering. Why?"
"That's a shame. With him out the picture I assumed I would get a second chance."
"What??" Lexie said shocked.
"That's right. As soon as I eliminate Depp, you can be mine again."
"Harry. You need help. Stay away from me, stay away from my family or I'll have you locked up again."
"Empty threats aren't charming darling."
"It wasn't a fucking threat... now if you had anything to do with Johnny's accident, I'll hunt you down and I'll ensure my husband gets every piece of justice he deserves."
"Now where was that fire when we were together? If you had been this spirited maybe I wouldn't have fucked somebody else."
"Harry. Stop. Leave us alone."

Lexie quickly hung up the phone and closed her eyes calming herself. What on earth had that been all about? Was her ex the reason Johnny was in a car accident?

She slowly walked back into the living area with the drinks, she was completely distracted. She could hear the others chatting but had no idea what they were saying as she ran through the conversation with Harry over and over. Finally Johnny must have noticed her vacant look. "Darling?" "Sorry? What?" She replied. "Gina was just saying that maybe we could hold some meetings here if I felt up to it, you know so I don't fall too behind with work." Lexie nodded "Sure. If that's what you want Johnny." His eyebrows furrowed as he studied his wife, her eyes were wide and she looked pale. "Are you ok Lex?" "Hmm?" "Are you ok?" "Yes sorry, just tired. I'll be fine. Anyway I should go get your next lot of medication." She said jumping up abruptly and heading back into the kitchen area. "I'm worried about her." Johnny said to his friends. "Yeah we have been for weeks. I think it is all a bit much, especially with a newborn." "G, will you keep an eye on her?" "I'll do my best."

Lexie returned to the living area with medication and a glass of water for her husband. The buzzer went and she startled. "Its just the door Lex!" Stephen smirked not realising what she was worrying about.