Chapter Eleven

Exactly two weeks after the passionate kissing scene, Lexie and Johnny were stood on set and heard the famous words "That's a Wrap!" Being yelled by their director. They both broke into big smiles and seemed jovial that the film was now complete.  It had been a long hot summer, but they had both enjoyed the experience. Lexie lent in to hug Johnny, "Wow! What a summer, thank you!" "No, thank you, it was an honour to play opposite you, you're a star doll." Lexie bit her lip and blushed. "Oh please, it's probably the greatest honour of my career working opposite a legend like you."  Johnny smiled and was very touched she felt that way. "Well I think we can both agree we enjoyed it." "Yes we did." The director and producers approached shaking their hands and complimenting their work, which both were hesitant to accept but modestly did before Johnny's friend Isaac who had arrived in Venice a week prior nudged him and said something in his ear. "Ah yes, so everyone the restaurant is booked from 9pm, I hope we can see you all there?" Johnny said loudly to the group who had gathered. Everyone began nodding, and smiling, agreeing to attend the party. Lexie began gathering her things, before Johnny tapped her on the shoulder. "I'll knock for you around 8ish"Lexie's eyes widened, why would he do that? He could obviously sense her confusion. "If I have to tell you again I'm a gentleman it's going to get silly..." he smirked before continuing. "I don't want you to have to travel on your own? You know you could have invited some friends." "Oh bless you, that's very sweet thank you. A lot of them struggle to get the annual leave, that's why they were only here for a weekend, but thanks that's a lovely thought. See you at 8, or does that mean 10pm Johnny time?" Lexie giggled. "I promise I'll do my best to be bang on time."

Once Lexie was back in her suite, she decided to take a long cool shower to rid the grime of the day, that and to get out the heat. She styled her hair in loose curls and pinned it back off her face but let it fall loose behind her shoulders, before applying some soft glam make up. With her mum being a qualified make up artist, she adored make up and over the years had learnt so much about various products which she loved experimenting with. She kept it soft and shimmery as she still wasn't sure what she would wear to the party. Finally declaring herself ready after putting in diamond stud earrings, she went over to the wardrobe and opened it, she wouldn't be flying home for another day or two so she had time to pack. She scoured through all the various items of clothing before coming across an extremely well cut tailored jumpsuit, it was navy blue and halter neck, with flared trousers. Lexie decided that was the outfit, she quickly donned it before finding her sparkly Jimmy Choo heels. As she clocked herself in the mirror she actually liked the way she looked for the first time in a long time. It was so easy acting because you could be somebody else for a lot of the time but actually being yourself was so hard. She snapped some photos sending them in the girl's chat, and to her mum, before saving one to post on socials in the coming days.

A knock on the door startled her from her thoughts, she checked the time and it was 7: 40, there was no way Johnny would be there already. After working with him for the past few months she knew that man was always late. She opened the door curiously before seeing a butler with a tray. He had a very tall glass of champagne on it and an envelope, Lexie tipped the man as he left the tray on the table and left the suite. She opened the envelope to see a handwritten note

A great summer completed. Thank you. Let's get this party started. I won't be long, I swear. Love and Respect, JD X x

Lexie smiled, wow how thoughtful, a glass of champagne sent to her room? That was seriously impressive, she snapped an arty photo for her Instagram story and simply captioned it.

The Summer of Dreams x

She began sipping the champagne and admired the view from her balcony, the sun had set but the twinkling lights of Venice gave a beautiful glow, thankfully the temperature had dropped slightly too making her feel a little more comfortable. After checking the time yet again, she saw her mum had replied to the photos.