Chapter One Hundred and Thirty

Eight weeks and two days later...

The new year had come and gone rather quickly in the Depp household. James' first Christmas was spent with his closest family, either being fed or sleeping. However, they had all managed to enjoy themselves. Now well into a cold wet January, the family were getting used to all living together under one roof, as Vanessa was on a world tour promoting her music so it meant Lily Rose and Jack were permanently living with Johnny, Lexie and their little brother for the foreseeable future.

"Hilary will be here in five minutes Jack!!! Get out of bed!" The 15 year old Lily bellowed pounding on her brother's bedroom door. "Woah woah woah. What's with the noise sweetness! Your baby brother has only just gone down for a nap." Johnny said walking out the master bedroom and ruffling his daughter's hair. "School work starts soon and this will be the second time this week he's missed it. Why should I have to start at 9, if he can just rock up in his pyjamas at 10?!" The girl put her hands on her hips confronting her father. "I'll speak to him. Now go get breakfast and keep the noise down. James was up a lot in the night, we need him to sleep." Lily nodded before heading down the stairs and Johnny entered his eldest son's bedroom.

Lexie was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the children and coffee for her husband, she was a little flustered but trying to keep things in order. After all, she vowed she couldn't be one of those women who just permanently sat her ass on the couch claiming she had a baby and that took all her time. Although James had proven time and time again he was a great way to waste a day. Everybody who had met him was completely smitten including Nellie, her best friend's baby girl. "Hey what's up with you teenager." Lexie said as Lily stomped in and sat at the island on a bar stall. "Jack is so Dad's favourite.." Lexie scoffed knowing this was not true. "What?" She asked. "Jack gets away with murder. I thought it would change once the baby arrived but it's worse. I guess you're too busy to see it.." "Darling I'm never too busy for my best girl.. tell me, what's really wrong?" "Oh I can never hide things from you... you're too good at this whole second mum thing." Lexie smiled. "I just wanna be there for you." "Well.. I don't know. I'm all over the place. Remember Billy?" "Billy? Billy Holder? Who asked you to the dance last year?" "Yeah him.." "what about him?" "He wants me to go on a date with him when we are back in LA" "Wow... that's huge!" "Yes... but I don't know when we will be back.. and there's another girl who likes him... Amber." "God I should have known." Lexie said rolling her eyes at the name. "And does he like her?" "I don't think so. He texts me all the time and says he gets that I am here with my family." "Well then darling you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.." "but.." "no buts. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be." Lexie said wrapping her arms round her step daughter. They were interrupted by James screaming from the Moses basket in the living area so Lexie pulled away and began to head towards him. "Lexie.." "Don't worry I won't tell your father." Lexie said knowingly as Lily smiled.

"Won't tell me what?" Johnny said heading down the stairs into the living area with Jack hot on his heels. "That I'm obviously her favourite." Lexie said scoffing and giggled to avoid any further questioning from her husband. She picked her baby up and gently rocked him. "Ewwww he stinks." Jack said laughing and holding his nose. "What did we just talk about bud?" "Showing respect to my siblings." Jack muffled. "Yes and although James isn't old enough to give you cheek back one day he will be so start respecting him now." "Ok Dad... Lily I'm up.. hope you didn't eat all the pancakes." "Hope you did your reading. Hilary will be fuming if you've not finished that book." "Guys guys..calm down." Lexie said to the bickering teens. "And there's no pancakes. I didn't realise we are out of eggs. I've got to do a food shop delivery later. Add what you need to the list." Jack's jaw opened wide "No pancakes?" He questioned. "But what am I supposed to eat now?" "Try some fruit? Or there are some cereals in the cupboard." Lexie said as she began feeding her baby. "Come on Jack.." Lily said wrapping an arm round her brother leading him back to the kitchen.

A short while later Johnny approached his wife "Right are you sure you're going to be ok?" "Johnny I'll be fine. Hillary is here. Kate is due to pop over after her class with Nellie, just go." Johnny smiled kissing her. "I promise I'll be as quick as I can." "Johnny it's fine. Please don't worry. Tell Sandra I miss her and to come visit." "I will darling..." "I can't believe it's been a year already." "I know time goes so fast. Jeff would be proud of you." "I know.. and I'm glad we took this little guy to his spot at the weekend, I feel like Jeff got to meet him that way you know?" "I know exactly what you mean now go.. you'll be late." "Kids behave, and do everything Hilary and Lexie say ok.. when I get back I want to know that those essays are finished. She set them for you over a week ago if I remember correctly?" Hilary the tutor smiled sweetly. "Love you." "Love you too doll."

Johnny headed off to his appointment mid morning, he was due to meet with his legal team about various things to do with Jeff's estate, and charities he was involved with but as well as sort his own affairs. Now he was a father of three, and him and Lexie had been married over a year, he wanted to change his will, and all the legalities that came with that. Suited and booted he climbed into the SUV with Sean and Mark. He looked sadly at the house. "Sir, they'll be fine. She probably needs the space. She will smash it, you know she will." "I know, she's an incredible mother. I'm glad we finally got there..." Johnny mumbled looking out the window.