Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Four

"Mrs Depp... your husband has been made comfortable, we ask to limit visitors by the bedside but given the circumstances with your security detail we can make exceptions as long as your cautious." Lexie nodded. "Right this way.." the woman was hesitant and gazed at her baby boy. "Don't worry I'll stay with him." Gina said and Lexie silently nodded thanking her.

Lexie made the short walk accompanied by Travis and Mark, the latter having agreed to be stationed with Johnny until back up security could be found. She paused outside the room before entering, and when she did, the sight scared her, Lexie's usual strong husband was lying in the bed completely unconscious, not moving and being helped to breathe by machines. Silent tears fell down her cheeks as she approached the bed, and reached out for his hand. She held it tight and kissed his forehead. She expected him to open his eyes and scold her for being so soppy but nothing happened. She swallowed anxiously, "Why does he still have an oxygen mask?" "We want to help him out for as long as possible.. the internal injuries were repaired as best we could, this is just hopefully a precaution."

Lexie quietly sat on the chair beside Johnny, stroking his hair out his face, and gently squeezing his hand reassuringly. "Oh my darling, who did this to you?" She whispered once she had been left alone. "Please get better, we need you, the children need you."

A while later, Gina gently knocked on the door and bought James in, "I'm sorry he kept fussing." "Oh goodness I'm sorry G. I got lost talking to J, thank you." "That's ok... why don't you let us take you home? Get some rest. They'll call as soon as he wakes, I'm sure of it." "No I'm not leaving him." "Doll you must be exhausted, you can't stay here all night, and neither can James." "It's ok we'll be fine. I've got enough things with me for him and he can sleep in the pram." The woman said desperately with tears in her eyes. "Will you go check the children for me if you're going?" "We aren't leaving without you." Gina said sternly. "And I'm not leaving." Lexie said quietly. "Then I guess we need to get comfortable." Lexie smiled weakly before sitting back down and getting comfortable before beginning to feed James once more.

Mark had kindly gone home and regathered supplies with Gina for everyone. Lizzie had agreed to stay with the children as long as possible which had reassured Lexie. The latter agreeing that the two teens could more than likely visit their father the next day.

The heartbroken wife checked on her sleeping baby in the nearby pram once more, before curling up in the large chair beside Johnny's hospital bed. She pulled her jacket over herself and attempted to close her eyes but failed as every few seconds she opened them to see if there was any change with her husband. It was going to be an extremely long night.

"Ok.. Ok.. Mumma is here, please settle sweetheart, you're going to get us kicked out of here and Daddy won't like that.... Jesus Johnny how are you still unconscious with this noise... I know you never liked getting up in the night with him but my god..." Lexie said to herself as she paced the room rocking her son. It was early. Only just gone 5am and James has decided to wake the entire hospital with his cries, finally he settled enough for Lexie to sit down and begin nursing him, as Travis gently knocked on the door and entered. Lexie discreetly covered up as he walked in. "I thought you could do with some coffee?" He said handing her a large takeaway cup. "Wow thank you." She said with a smile. "Have you been here all night?" She asked nervously. "Yes Stephen and I were just in the waiting room. Johnny wouldn't stand for us leaving his girl and besides you are my responsibility remember. Anyway, I heard this little fella kick off so thought I would come check on you. Any change?" He asked nudging his head towards a lifeless Johnny. "Nothing... they checked his vitals throughout the night but nothing has changed." He nodded before stepping closer. "Lexie the police will need to come and question you.. the ummm car accident, it's under investigation." Travis said sheepishly, "Because you, Sean and Mark don't think it was an accident?" She replied boldly. "You know that?" "I'm not stupid Trav. I heard you talking last night." "Well then.. yes." "Ok... when are they coming?" "I don't know.. I think later today. I'll speak with Sean... also Spankey Taylor have been on the phone and so has Colleen, how shall we handle this?" "Handle what?" "Well the media attention this will get.." "Travis my husband is in a life threatening state, I have a baby who I'm probably going to be accused of neglecting because he's spent the past 16 hours in a fucking hospital, I've got two children worrying themselves sick at home, I don't give a fucking damn what the press will say. No comment, nothing don't give them the fucking satisfaction." "Yes Mam." Travis replied before leaving the room.