Chapter Sixty Seven

A week of being back in London felt like a lifetime. Johnny and Lexie had been here there and everywhere, they visited her grandparents telling them their good news, they visited the private clinic and met a midwife and doctor who agreed to undertake Lexie's care completely confidentially, they had another scan and all was well, and now Lexie had big decisions to make regarding work. She called Laura. Not only was she a good family friend, but she was a part of her management team too. She begged her for forgiveness for interrupting her maternity leave but she needed the advice and support.
"Lex, I see it as you've got two options. You tell the directors the truth. They can make a decision, if anything personally I think by November you'll be too far gone to hide it and you'll want some time to prepare for the arrival, September is pushing it too, dependent on where you're needed. Have you and Johnny decided where you want to have the baby?"
"What? No? In a hospital?"
"No I meant which country?"
"Well no I hadn't thought. I guess I need to speak to him."
"You should, that will be a massive deciding factor too."
"Ok thank you Laura."
"We'll pop round tomorrow for a visit ok, Ralph and Isla have missed you."
"It's only been 3 weeks!"
"3 weeks too long my love and anyway you need the practice."
Lexie giggled and hung up. She went to find Johnny who was in her home studio playing his guitar. "J can I talk to you?" Johnny looked up and immediately stopped playing. "Sure, is there anything wrong?" "No I'm good, I just thought we should talk." "Sure. Come on over." Lexie wandered over and sat in his lap whilst brushing her fingers through his hair. "How can I help my darling girl and baby?" "Have you thought where this baby should be born?" "Umm a hospital? I don't like the idea of you being at home and not having access to things in case the worst happens." Lexie nodded slowly. "I meant what country?" "Oh." "Yeah. I didn't know if you had any thoughts?" "Well do you?" "I don't know, I hadn't even thought. I mean I know we said that we will keep the family together when we can but I'm not even a citizen of America, would I even be allowed in a hospital there?" "God I don't know?! I guess if we are paying they'll do whatever. Besides don't you want to be here? With people you know? Your mum down the road to support you?" "Johnny that's hardly fair. What about your family?" "Doll they'll understand, I'm sure they'll expect it. It's not like my mum is still around anyway. Pops will fly in when I tell him too." "So this baby will be born here in London is that what you're saying?" "Yes I think so, look Lily and Jack have each other, they are half French half American, this baby will be half English, Half American, it makes sense, you might not have my surname yet but I want you to be a Depp one day all being well, this baby is as much you as it is me. I vote London." Lexie nodded smiling. "I propose we spend Christmas if we can in Paris, I'll leave the kids there with Ness, we can come home and prep for your due date and they can be homeschooled with us until you and the baby are given the ok to travel, Vanessa and I are already desperately trying to come up with a plan about schooling when the trial is on. Maybe we just home school them completely until summer break. Who knows. We'll sort it ok.?" Johnny I can't ask Vanessa to relocate to London for me?" "You're not asking her too. I'm sure given the chance she would spend more time in Paris with her family, and you forget it's only a two hour train ride on the euro star. The kids will be fine, they've been stuck in worse traffic on the interstate in LA." Lexie kissed her boyfriend, "we're really gonna make this work aren't we?" Johnny smiled "Yes my darling."

The next day Lexie was stuck in back to back meetings with her management team, PR team, and her lawyers for the upcoming sentencing of the man who attacked her, she was advised to stay away from court but that wasn't who she was. She wanted to sit through the three days and see the man be punished for his crime, she had to see with her own eyes him going down. She couldn't risk him getting away with it, so it was decided. Johnny was adamant he would be with her, which meant a whole new spin on the story, which resulted in a hormonal Lexie telling her difficult PR team that she didn't care what spin they gave, Johnny was just being a supportive boyfriend. The PR company had done nothing but complain about "Lexie's image" being tarnished with her association with Johnny, and they constantly complained how difficult she made their work now she was with a troublesome man. It took all her willpower not to blurt out how difficult it would become when she announced her pregnancy but she thought better, and thanked them for their time before departing. As she drove home followed by Travis, she realised something. If they were soon to become a family of 5, an Audi R8 sports car would no longer be a suitable set of wheels, she was really growing up, she had to look for a Mum style car. As she got home she entered the house and found Johnny on the couch. It sounded as if he was on the phone to his own lawyers. It was a very intense conversation and she didn't want to disturb so she pulled her laptop out and sat at the island researching SUV's and other larger cars.

She felt Johnny kiss her head. "What are you doing darling?" "Just looking, we are gonna need to change so much to welcome this baby." "Well whatever we need I'll sort, you think you want a new car?" "Johnny, I don't THINK I want a new car, I'll need one, right now I can't even drive all of us to the shop, and you don't need to buy everything. We will split it, 50:50." "Yeah that's not gonna work for me darling." "Why?" "Because I'm the man, it's my job to provide." "Even though I've got millions sat in the bank?" "Even then." "Johnny please, you've got court and legal bills racking up, you cover all our travel expenses, planes, the island, France, let me do this." Johnny could see how much this meant to Lexie and nodded. "Fine, but it's got to be cleared by security. I'm not having you and the baby driving round in just anything. Are you sure you won't consider a driver?" "Johnny, I love my independence. I promise I'll work with Travis a lot more ok?" Johnny nodded and kissed his girl. He didn't want to fall out with her about security but now more than ever he wanted to protect his family. His growing family.

Lexie prepared a dinner of simple pasta and salad. She was hungry but had come over fairly nauseous whilst preparing the cheese sauce. Johnny was tucking into his as he watched Lexie struggle. She sipped her water again. "Darling are you ok? Shall I get rid of it? Is it the smell?" She began rubbing her temples. "I don't know, I just feel so sick." "Go lay down I'll bring you something." Lexie slowly made her way up stairs and laid down on the bed. She curled onto her side knowing it was better for the baby that way and had her hand on her tummy. "Please stop making me feel so sick Baby D. Ha, Baby D, even I'm using it now. Daddy loves a nickname, you'll find that out one day. Anyway, can you please just stop making me feel so sick." She whispered.

Johnny headed upstairs with a glass of water and some plain biscuits. It was the best he could find in a rush, he sat down on the edge of the bed. Lexie had her eyes closed and was rubbing her tummy. He didn't want to disturb her but he was worried. Surely sickness should be almost passed by now? He made a mental note to read up on it later. "Darling, do you wanna get more comfortable?" Lexie muttered and slowly sat up. "I'm so sorry, do you mind? I'm just so tired after today." "Don't apologise doll, of course, your body is doing a lot of work right now, here.. I'll help." "Are you offering to undress me without a hint of seduction?" Lexie giggled as Johnny unbuttoned her top and pulled it over her head. "Maybe..." "god that's quite seductive in itself." "Ha. Well this is how we got into this situation.. so maybe focus on feeling better and I'll seduce you all day long tomorrow." Lexie smirked as he shimmied her skirt off her and helped her into pyjamas. "Will you stay with me?" She asked. "Course." He kicked off his shoes and laid down on the other side of the bed. Well he guessed it was his side for now, for forever even, maybe?