Chapter Thirty Six

It was mid February and Lexie Donnington had two phenomenal performances under her belt at The Grammys and The Brits in the past ten days alone. Today Johnny had kindly arranged another dinner date for them in London. He had returned to England for The Brits appearance with the band and was now working with Jeff Beck on an album.

Lexie was stood in a satin robe, her hair and make up was complete she just had to pick an outfit. All her wardrobe doors were swung open as she scanned through her clothes. Finally she decided on a gold shimmery satin midi pleated skirt with a black off the shoulder top tucked in and barely there heels. She grabbed a leather jacket so that the cold temperatures could be kept at bay and headed downstairs.

On way gorgeous girl x

Can't wait handsome man x

It didn't take long for Johnny to arrive. Sean and Travis were in the front of the vehicle as Johnny held the car door open for his girl. "You look spectacular darling." Lexie smiled and kissed Johnny before he closed the door and walked round to his side of the car. He jumped in and Sean drove off into the night whilst the pair in the back made small talk before Sean disturbed them. "Sir, sorry to disturb but we are being followed, a bike and a car. Assuming they are paps." "Absolute fuckers." replied Johnny. "What shall we do?" "Just go on as planned. I wanna take this girl for dinner and god damn it I will do that." They finally arrived at St James Hotel in Mayfair that had an exquisite French restaurant. The establishment had assured Johnny's team that the couple could dine with minimal interruption and inconvenience. As the car pulled up, Sean was right, the guy riding the bike had a journalist on the back with a camera who snapped their photo and a few others jumped out the car that had followed, they quickly made their way into the hotel and then into the restaurant where a private dining room had been set up for them.

They ordered their food and sipped on some delicious wine, chatting as if they had known one another forever. Being with Johnny was so easy for Lexie, she really could be herself. Something she struggled with in past relationships. Their starters arrived and Lexie was blown away, the food was sensational. "Another reason to love the French." Johnny said taking another mouthful. "My god I would love to spend more time in France, did I tell you I auditioned for a Netflix series set in Paris?" "No, you didn't? That's cool, you'll get it I'm sure," "I hope to hear this week, if so, It will begin shooting next September." "That's amazing, on location?" "I think so. I need to check." "Paris is wonderful. Still one of my favourite cities in the world." "It's where you met Vanessa isn't it?" "Yes, I was at a party there, she's Parisian born and bred." "She's beautiful, truly, I can see why you fell in love with her." "Is it normal to speak about one's exes on a dinner date?" Johnny asked clearly feeling uncomfortable. "I guess not, but she's the mother of your children, and you still spend a lot of time with her which I think is amazing. I admire her greatly." "I'm sure she would be very touched to know that." "Really? Why?" "Because you are this global icon. She could have been, don't get me wrong but she was and is still very particular about the work she does, she often only chooses French independents." "I get that." "I just want to say I love this." Lexie added smiling. "What French food?" "No the company, and how we can talk about anything. I feel like I've known you forever." Johnny smiled. "Well the company is sensational from where I'm sitting." "Did you ever think from this time last year, being offered the role that this is where we would be?" "God no, but I'm glad I am, you've made an old guy smile again." "Johnny, you're hardly old. Your only 11 years old than me. That's nothing." "It makes me feel old seeing how stunning you look, especially tonight." Lexie blushed making Johnny smile more. He loved complimenting her.

After their main course had been cleared Sean entered the room looking stern. "I am so sorry sir, I just wanted to make you both aware, somebody leaked where you were. There is a large group of paparazzi lingering by the main entrance. The hotel security are doing all they can but I just wanted to give you the heads up." "Thank you Sean. Are they struggling?" "Not at the moment but I'm sure they will be after a while." "We'll make sure we are ready to leave within 45 minutes ok?" "Sure thing boss man. Sorry Lexie." The woman smiled and said "Don't be Sean, it's not your fault." As Sean left, Johnny lent over and took Lexie's hand in his on the table, "I really am sorry though Lexie. Dating me was never going to be easy." "Hey you've got nothing to apologise for. Maybe we just need to keep it even more low key for a while. Maybe until the press tour is over?" "Yes we'll see. Come on let's order dessert." Lexie smiled and took a sip of wine.