Chapter Eighty Five

"This is INSANE." "I know!!! Have you seen the view from our suite?" Lexie, Kate, and Emily were in satin pyjamas sat in Emily's hotel room in Paris. A hotel had thrown another party in Johnny's honour for New Years and this year, Lexie, her family and friends had all been invited by the man himself. "I can't believe I'm in Paris celebrating New Year's!!" Emily giggled sipping Champagne. "I can't believe you and Johnny have footed the bill for everyone's rooms." Kate added talking directly to Lexie. "It was the least we could do. You guys have all travelled over." A knock on the door was heard and Emily rushed to answer it "Hey girls! Thought we would find you here!" In walked Lizzie, Lisa and Donna, the three girl's mothers. "The rooms are incredible, I don't know how we will ever repay you Lexie." "Donna please, I'm just being nagged by Kate about that, it's a pleasure, I'm sorry it's not the usual Donnington Bash!" "God we will never live up to these expectations Lex!" Lizzie said giggling. "Mum where's Dad?" Emily asked. "Ah well yes apparently your father forgot his shirt so Tom told them about a Tom Ford down the road, so he's taken them, Jamie and Max there." "Jamie apparently wasn't keen on his suit so may treat himself to another so I heard!" Lisa said to her daughter. "Another suit? Pfft and he moans that I'm addicted to shoes?!?" Kate giggled. "They did ask Johnny but he's busy apparently seeing a family friend?" "Oh yes. I'm sure he will be back soon." Lexie added.

Later that evening, everyone was in their respective rooms getting ready for the big party. Johnny was still in the shower as Lexie finished her make up sat at the vanity. She turned and admired her dress that was hanging from the doorframe. It was a gold sequin backless evening dress, she hoped it was elegant enough. Her and her friends always went all out for New Year's for as long as she remembered but now this was a different vibe and she hoped it worked for what Johnny had planned. She finished applying lipstick as Johnny wandered out the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist, he had water still dripping down his bare chest and Lexie licked her lips. "Almost ready darling?" He asked and she nodded "almost. Clearly you're not?" She smirked. "Darling, I've got to put a suit on. It will take two minutes." "Yes but then the eyeliner, the multiple cigarette breaks, the break to play your guitar for a bit, the time it takes you to choose which rings to wear and then which necklaces match said rings..," "yes I get your point love!" He said smirking approaching her from behind and kissing her neck.

A short while later, Lexie was in her dress, she just finished putting on her barely there heels as Johnny re entered the bedroom

A short while later, Lexie was in her dress, she just finished putting on her barely there heels as Johnny re entered the bedroom. "Holy fuck balls you look insane." Lexie giggled "Thank you. Are you sure it's not too much?" "God no, it's exquisite. You look sensational." "Well you look rather dapper yourself." She approached her boyfriend and straightened his tie. "Champagne?" He asked before kissing her. "I wouldn't say no." "I can't believe it's been a year since I sneaked off to phone you and wish you a happy new year. This year I actually get to kiss you." Lexie smiled. "And I get to kiss you." Johnny led her into the living area of their suite before pouring glasses of champagne. "Here's to the new year my darling." They clinked glasses before sipping. Lexie snapped some selfies, Johnny had his arms round her from behind. The photos showed an extremely happy couple. She wandered to the balcony, holding her champagne glass up with the Eiffel Tower lit up spectacularly in the background and snapped the photo before posting it to socials.

Happy New Year to you and yours, from me and mine 💋

Johnny smiled watching her. "Ready to party?" He asked as a knock on the door was heard. He answered it and it was Stephen and Gina. "Lexie you look HOT!" "Not as hot as you G! Gina you look incredible." Lexie said approaching the woman hugging and kissing her. "Oh Johnny you look wonderful!" Stephen said mimicking the girls before Johnny kissed his cheek "Stevie you look so hot!!" The girls rolled their eyes before the foursome left the suite and headed to the elevator.

An hour or two later, after many introductions between their families and friends Johnny and Lexie began really enjoying themselves. She was on the dance floor with her girlfriends, Lily and Gina whilst Johnny was at the bar. He was currently being spoken to by Stephen who had a fantastic new lead on a business venture when Johnny spotted Jamie and Max approach the bar. "Hey Jamie, over here." He beckoned the man who wandered over joined by Max. "Enjoying the party?" "Oh man it's the best, thanks again for inviting us." Jamie replied. "Yes thank you Johnny. Emily is so excited to be here." "Oh please you guys are practically Lex's family you are always welcome. Anyway, Jamie what do you think of this?" Johnny looked at Stephen and encouraged him to retell his idea. Jamie listened intently. "Well it sounds good but to advise properly I would need to take a look at the paperwork and percentages. Is it something you're thinking of rushing into?" "No not particularly, just an idea of Stephen's." "Well when you're next in London why don't we meet and go over it, I would be more than happy to advise." "That would be insane thank you." Johnny looked at Stephen who looked confused. "Jamie works on the stock market, he's an investment planner. He's all over finance." Stephen nodded "Oh that makes so much more sense." Max chuckled "Don't worry sadly I'm just a property portfolio manager but we do the odd bit together."

"I'm nervous." "Don't be. You've always said she has been super nice to you. Just go over. I think the fact you haven't said hi makes it more awkward." Kate said. "Ok now is a good time, look Lily just sat next to her." Lexie replied looking across the room. Kate shoved her friend in the right direction and followed behind. "Hi Vanessa. How are you?" Lexie said sweetly. "Bonjour Lexie! Ca Va Bien Merci, Et Toi?" "Cava Bien! Merci!" Lexie said kissing both Vanessa's cheeks, Kate was shocked she had no idea how fluent and chic Lexie sounded speaking French. "This is my best friend Kate, Kate, this is Vanessa." "Enchanté" Vanessa said smiling. "Lexie will you dance with me?" Lily Rose stood and asked. The woman nodded. "Sure" she excused herself from the table and was led to the dance floor by the 13 year old.

It was nearing midnight and the guests of the party gathered together on the large dance floor. Champagne was passed round, and couples were eager to find one another for the midnight kiss. Lexie was pouring the smallest amount of champagne into Lily and Jack's glasses after being given permission by Vanessa when she felt arms wrap round her waist from behind, "Hey darling."  Lexie turned her head "Oh hey you." "Dad!! It's nearly midnight!!" Jack yelled from beside them. "I know son!! Have you made a New Year's resolution?" "Ummm no, I will tomorrow. What's yours Dad?" "To finally get my life back." Johnny smiled kissing Lexie's cheek.

"5,4,3,2,1" the group yelled. Lexie lent into Johnny and kissed him passionately for a few moments before pulling back "Happy New Year my darling." "Happy New Year Johnny!" Lily-Rose jumped up wrapping her arms around her father as Lexie turned to greet her parents. Before she knew it Vanessa had lent in "Happy New Year Lexie, I hope this year brings far more happiness to you." "Oh Vanessa, Happy New Year."  

A short while later the dance floor was full as everyone began to celebrate the new year. Lexie had even managed to drag Johnny up, and they were dancing closely. "Are you enjoying yourself darling?" "Johnny it's incredible, everyone I love under one roof." "Good." He lent in and kissed his girlfriend. "Promise me something?" Lexie said slightly tipsy. "Anything.." Johnny whispered back " After April, Let's make this the best year ever." "That's a promise my darling."

*I am travelling for the next few weeks so updates may be a little more sporadic. I'll do my best to keep things going though! As always thank you for the feedback, support and likes to my stories.*