Chapter Ninety Four

September came round far too quickly. Johnny and Lexie relocated to Paris for their work commitments and began on their respective projects. Lexie was working on a brand new Netflix series and Johnny was playing a King in a French independent movie.

After a week or so on their sets, Lexie was let go early and decided to go visit Johnny, she had been keeping herself out of the public eye as much as possible since becoming engaged and realised she couldn't stay hidden forever so instructed Travis to drive her to Johnny's location.

That afternoon, Johnny was shooting at a beautiful chateau to the east of Paris. He was completely made up as the King, make up, wig the lot, and was very much enjoying working with the French cast and crew. He had been completely surprised when he got the call to play the part, he knew his French was ok, but he never put it down to be worthy enough to star completely in a French movie. Maïwenn approached, she was the female director and his leading lady in this project praising his recent scene. "Merci Beaucoup." He said whilst kissing her cheeks as was French custom. Johnny hadn't noticed Sean wandering over with Lexie and Travis by his side. "Sir.." Sean interrupted and Johnny turned. "Ah darling. What are you doing here?" He smiled charmingly before kissing her. "I got let off early and you've been telling me how I should come down and see everything so I did. I hope you don't mind." "Not at all. Maïwenn, May I introduce my fiancé, Lexie Donnington, this is Maïwenn." "Enchanté" the director lent in and greeted the woman. "Bonjour, Ca Va?" Lexie smiled using her French. The elder woman smiled "Ca va bien! Et Tu? Parle vous Francais?" "Oui... well kind of, I'm learning. Johnny's children are half French, and I'm in a Netflix series that is based in Paris so I need to get better." Lexie said sheepishly. "Fantastique." Maïwenn said before excusing herself.

Lexie watched Johnny wrap his next scene and admired his work from afar. She was in awe of him, how he lost himself completely in his character. The way he spoke fluent French too did things to her. Just watching him converse with the cast and crew in between takes was enough to get her flustered. In the end she excused herself and walked out a side door to the gardens to compose herself. She began exploring and wandering around slowly, admiring the changing colours of the plants and flowers. After a few moments she heard "Hey.. you ok?" Johnny asked as she span round. "Yeah just admiring it here. It's stunning." "It really is. You know they are apparently selling it and turning into a resort in the New Year. That's why scheduling is so tight on this film." "Goodness that's sad. It's so quiet and picturesque here, it would be a shame to fill it and turn it into a commodity." Lexie and Johnny wandered for a few more moments before she turned and admired the building once more. Johnny looked at her and smiled. "I've got an idea..." he said. "What?" "Why don't we get married here?" "What?" Lexie said giggling. "Let's marry, here. Before it's ruined. I can't picture anywhere more beautiful." "Well it is lovely, and would be perfect but Johnny if it's being sold at the end of the year that's not a lot of time." "Well, we can afford the best of the best. I bet suppliers and vendors and whoever you wanted would bend over backwards to be a part of our wedding." "I don't want it to be a circus though." "Nobody mentioned a circus darling. You're it for me. The moment you told me you were pregnant with my child, I saw my whole life with you, and I want to grab it with both hands. Don't make me kneel on one knee again in this outfit... but will you, will you do me the honour of becoming my Queen in somewhere as wonderful as this? Sil vu plait Mon Chéri?" Lexie giggled and had tears pooling in her eyes. She didn't know what the rush was but she couldn't think of a good enough reason to not marry soon. After all, she wasn't getting any younger, so she agreed. Happily nodding "Yes, Yes ok yes let's do it." She kissed him passionately as he picked her up and span her round on the spot. As he gently put her back on the ground she said "there's so much to do, when are we gonna do this?" "Well, how about near Christmas? That gives us maybe 10 weeks?" "10 weeks?" "Oh come on it will be fine, fun in fact." "Fun? You're going on tour in 4 weeks, and don't get back until the 30th November." "Exactly so I'll be back what 2 weeks before?" "Johnny are you sure about this?" "Never been more sure. Unless you really don't want to do this quickly? We can find somewhere else, anywhere. Right now I just want to call you my wife" Lexie smiled and was beaten by his sweet words. "Ok let's do it. Who do we need to talk to?"

After a long evening at the Chateau discussing logistics with the owners and management team there, as well as back at Johnny's Parisian house with his executive assistant Nicola, and Isaac, The Deuters and Kate calling in it was decided that they could make December happen, but it would take an awful lot of work. Gina had also suggested to make things easier making a formal announcement of their engagement maybe in a month's time but with no information about the pending wedding to be given out to anyone.

Lexie fell asleep that night in Johnny's arms completely smitten but a tad overwhelmed. She would be a married woman by the end of the year, and not just to anyone but to Johnny Depp.

A week or so later, still working incredibly hard, the couple were drowning in wedding decisions and planning. Johnny tended to agree with anything that Lexie suggested and that didn't help things. She repeatedly had to remind her fiancé it was their day not just hers and his opinion mattered as much as hers. He wasn't used to being so considered and cared for but got there in the end. Secretly, Johnny had spoken to Vanessa who had let slip to the right person at Chanel that the Lexie Donnington would be looking for a wedding dress designer in the near future and said person had made a call to Kate.

The latter having flown in from London to assist in wedding planning, was sat having a coffee in Johnny's kitchen after said phone call. It was in the strictest confidence that Chanel had called her and she was buzzing for her best friend to wake and come down to join her. When she finally did, Kate nearly combusted.

Lexie busied herself around the kitchen prepping breakfast for everyone in the house as usual when her best friend's excitement bubbled over.
"So... about your dress."
"Yes.." Lexie said with her head in the fridge.
"I know for a fact that there is a team at Chanel who would like to put forward some sketches."
"What??! How do they even know?"
"Well we've made a few enquiries but I think this one came from somebody closer to home."
"Oh my god seriously?" Lexie giggled
"Yes they were very happy at the idea and really are keen to work with you. Imagine a Parisian wedding wearing custom Chanel."
"There surely isn't enough time?"
"I told them our timeframe and they seemed confident."
"My god, are you saying I could be wearing custom Chanel on my wedding day?"
"If you say yes I'll call them right now."
"Oh my god!! Yes call them yes!!" Lexie said giggling as Johnny arrived in the kitchen. "Morning ladies. My love you look radiant." He said kissing Lexie. Kate picked up her phone and wandered off. Lexie wrapped her arms round Johnny. "Did you have anything to do with Chanel offering to custom make me a wedding dress?" "Noooooo" he said in a very child like way. "Johnny!! You shouldn't have. I don't want to use your name to get things." "You didn't.. I just knew that you LOVE the house of Chanel, and I spoke to who I needed to in order to ensure they offered. They aren't psychic, how would they know you would need a dress?" "With the announcement in two weeks?" Lexie said giggling. "Hmmm I'm still not sure we can keep a lid on it until then." "Well I'm only leaving the house for work, and I can't wear my ring for that anyway." "I know I know, I just don't want to be bombarded with noise again." "Darling it's a part of who we are." "I know. If it's any consolation, there's nobody I would rather be tarnished in the press with than you." He said chuckling. "Ditto darling."