Chapter Fifteen

Johnny was seated in the back of a chauffeur driven car, with his head of security in the front. He had donned a crisp white shirt, a black waistcoat, ripped jeans, and his trusty DM boots that had been personalised by a fan a year or two ago. He text Lexie the details for the reservation, and hoped she was on her way too.

Johnny arrived at the back entrance to the restaurant which had kindly been arranged by his team, and was shown to a private dining room by the manager. For once in his life he was early for something and he was secretly proud of himself. He stood wandering around the room admiring the artwork when the door opened and in walked Lexie. She looked incredibly autumnal with a jumper dress on, tights and chunky heeled ankle boots on. "Hi! I'm so sorry I'm late, we got stuck in awful traffic" the actress gushed making Johnny smile. "Don't worry. You're only here a few minutes after me, don't panic doll." He lent in and kissed both her cheeks as she hugged him. "It's good to see you again." "You too darling, thanks for coming." "Well thank you for inviting me."

The pair sat at the beautifully set table and began chatting animatedly as if they had been friends for years. Before their main courses were bought out Johnny's phone rang. "I'm so sorry doll, I better take this." Lexie nodded "Goodness, of course." Johnny stood and left the table taking the call. Lexie sat admiring the room before checking her phone. She saw another text from her ex.

Lexie, darling, let's make this work. I know I can make you happy. Xx

She rolled her eyes and put her phone back in her bag as Johnny returned to the table. "Sorry it was the lawyers. Had to take it." "God don't apologise Johnny." "Well it's not right that a man interrupts lunch with a beautiful lady for a phone call." Lexie blushed. "Oh stop." "You are beautiful. Extremely beautiful." "Thank you Johnny, that's very kind of you to say."

Finally their food was served to them and it all looked delicious "Wow, this looks wonderful." "Doesn't it? I hope you like it, Gina recommended it."   Lexie took a bite before announcing "God it's amazing." "Good, I'm glad you like it. I really am sorry that this is the situation doll." "How do you mean?" Lexie said confused. "Well the secret reservations, not being able to return the favour of you hosting all those months ago. Soon I hope to have a base here in London though." "Oh please don't stress about it. I like it, it's rare I get invited out to lunch." "Well I do stress about it and it doesn't go unnoticed how supportive you are of me, especially in the current climate." "Johnny, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I do believe you." The Hollywood icon looked up and paused, smiling at his fellow diner. "Thank you." "Stop thanking me Johnny." "I can't help it, there are not many people giving me the time of day right now." "I'm sorry Johnny, the world is a cruel place. Is there anything I can do to help?" "God no, I would never ask you to do my bidding for me. I'll ride this storm out. I know that I am on the right side of the roaring rapids."

"Well I've had the most pleasant afternoon, thank you." Lexie said standing and grabbing her coat off the chair. "The food was almost as exquisite as the company." Johnny said in his ever charming way making Lexie smile. "Next time it really is on me though ok? I don't care if I have to get to the place a whole day earlier than you. I'm paying." Johnny chuckled. It was refreshing to meet a woman who wished to pay her way after his former marriage. "Ok... we'll see." "In fact, why don't you come over next week some time? My home studio should be finished by then. Bring your guitar and we can jam out like Venice." Johnny smiled. "I would love that. I'm supposedly in the studio with Jeff most of this and next week, but how does Monday afternoon sound?" "Works for me, if you're lucky I'll even see if it suits Murphy's schedule." Lexie giggled as she bent down to grab her bag. She pulled her phone out sighing at the 3 text messages from her ex and shoved her phone in her pocket abruptly. "Are you ok doll?" "Yeah, nothing I can't handle." Johnny smiled before kissing Lexie on the cheek and embracing her before she pulled back thanking him for lunch for the millionth time. "Please let me know if there is ever anything you need." Johnny said sweetly before Lexie left.