Chapter Twenty Three

Sunday morning came round far too quickly for Lexie's liking. She had been up late the night prior with Ava, and had reluctantly agreed that today she would tell Johnny how she felt. She knew that Ava spoke sense but she couldn't help but feel like an awkward teenager at the prospect. According to Ava, both of them deserved to have the truth out there and see what will happen. Lexie seemed to think that it would just make things awkward between them but then again she was flying home on Friday, and then probably wouldn't see Johnny until the press tour of the film.

Lexie got up, showered and had curled her hair, after all if she was going to get laughed at or even worse rejected by one of the sexiest men in Hollywood she wanted to look her best. She donned a mini red tartan skirt, a cosy off white jumper, tanned suede heeled thigh high boots and her Burberry tanned coat. She borrowed a cream small bag from Ava that tied her outfit completely together. She kept her make up soft and subtle before heading downstairs. "Woah look at you gorgeous girl!" Ava said from the island where she was sipping coffee. "Thank you!" Lexie gushed jumping on the bar stall next to the woman. She really was happy with her outfit, and although nervous, Ava's reaction boosted her confidence. "Wanna borrow one of our cars?" Gary said walking into the room in loungewear with his youngest on his hip. "No it's ok, I've called Daryl, he will take me and bring me back." "Sure thing, and you know the access code right?" "Yep 1302" "nice, well have fun darling." Gary kissed her head much like a father would and wandered off. Ava jumped up and escorted Lexie to the door. "Remember what I said, there's no harm in putting yourself out there ok?" Lexie nodded and hugged her goodbye.

At Sweetzer, it was fairly quiet. Even Stephen and Gina had decided to get away for a few days to Palm Springs leaving Johnny completely alone. He spent more than the majority of the morning in his walk in closet. He had tried various outfits on, but nothing seemed to work for him today. He had no idea why he felt so nervous, it was just a friend coming over, or was it? He had been torn whether to voice his true feelings to Lexie for a few days now, and as the moment got closer he was still none the wiser as to what he should do. Finally, he settled on wearing blue distressed jeans, a blue shirt that was open down to his chest, showing off various necklaces, and his black trusty boots, he added a dark blue baker boy hat and settled on that for now. He had decided that as the sun was shining they could sit out on the terrace until it got too cold at least, so he grabbed his leather jacket too before heading downstairs. Grabbing his phone he fired off a text.

Looking forward to seeing you doll. Sean will allow access. See you soon. Xxx

Can't wait. Just about to leave. Xxx

Lexie smiled at her phone as Daryl began to drive the short journey to Sweetzer. She felt nervous but was as equally as excited to see Johnny again. Her knee was tapping nervously when Daryl asked "What's the plan for today then Miss?" "Oh I'm not sure really. Perhaps go back to the hotel and I'll call when I need you?" "Sure thing Mam. We are only 15 minutes away so I won't hold you up too long." "Thanks Daryl." Lexie smiled at him in the mirror sweetly.

They arrived fairly quickly and Sean allowed them access through the gates. By the time Daryl had pulled up and Lexie had jumped out both Travis and Sean were stood in front of her. "Welcome Miss Donnington." Lexie blushed "Please guys, call me Lexie." They both smiled and allowed her in the front door. Sean ran off to find Johnny as Travis offered to take her coat. Soon the man she had been waiting to see entered the foyer, he practically stopped in his tracks when he looked up and first spotted her, she took his breath away completely, she always looked beautiful but today she glowed. It made his heart stop for a second and in that moment, he knew he had to tell her the truth. He owed it to not just himself but to her as well.

"Welcome to Sweetzer doll." He said approaching her and holding his arms out, he wrapped her in a hug before kissing both cheeks. "Will that be all sir?" Sean asked quietly. "Yes thank you, take the rest of the day you two. You deserve it." The men in question nodded and quietly disappeared. "Can I get you a drink?" Johnny offered. Lexie smiled "Sure, I'll have whatever you're having!" Johnny smirked. "Well I thought about opening a bottle of something from the vineyard but I don't know what you like?" Lexie shrugged before Johnny took her hand and led her downstairs to a cellar in the basement, it was fairly impressive and looked incredibly stylish, there were bottles of wine covering most of the four walls. They were from all over the world and most had a story which Lexie loved. "What do you prefer? Red or white?" "I'm exploring red at the moment, but I love a white." "Ok, well here are the whites." He pointed to a section that had various bottles. It was then as he went to grab a bottle she noted he still had hold of her hand. He held a bottle out with his right hand, a Chablis Chardonnay. She admired the label it was pretty and very french. "Are you sure you want to open something so special?" She asked timidly. He nodded and smiled. They then made their way back upstairs and out to the terrace, he left her to get comfortable on the outdoor sofa, whilst he went to get an ice bucket and glasses. Within moments Johnny had returned and sat down close to her opening the bottle before pouring her a glass. Lexie secretly hoped the wine would give her the confidence she needed to be honest with Johnny.