A small trip to Hogsmede

Sebastian's POV

Penelope and I stayed in the Undercroft for a while longer talking about past memories and what we have been up to all summer. I felt more at ease with her by my side, her laugh filled the cold room and I couldn't stop smiling. That was just the type of person Penelope was she always lightened the room with her warmth and always wanted to make others happy even if she her self was not. I still feel guilty for all the pain I had caused her and Ominis. I still find it hard to believe they still want to be my friend after all the dark events that happened last year. My heart is filled with nothing but darkness, while theirs hold love and light. At one point I did start having feelings for the bright witch in front of me, but thought it was for the best that she never finds out about it. I am not good for her and never will be good for her. It had been a while since I had laughed this hard to the point where I didn't even recognize who was laughing. I looked up to her as the fire danced around her face slowly. It had been a while since I had been this close to her to see every new detail about her. From a far I knew she had grown into a beautiful girl, but I didn't realize how her cheeks had become more rosy, how soft her skin looked, the way her lips looked a bit plumper, and how her...

"Sebastian, Sebastian" I broke out of my trance.

"Hmm yeah I am listening" I lied.

"Ugh, alright then red or blue?" She looked at me squinting her eyes.

"umm I believe the blue would be better...?" I answered not really sure what she had actually asked me.

"My goodness Sebastian sometimes I don't know what goes on inside your head. I was asking you if we should take Ominis to The Three Broomsticks for his birthday, or go have a picnic out on the field." She chuckled.

"Ahh I see you tricked me." I smiled at her. "I think we should take a walk around Hogsmede and then go have a picnic. As much as Ominis loves butter beer he hates big crowds and a picnic with just the three of us seems more intimate which I know he would be rather fond of" I said remembering all the small moments I shared with Anne and Ominis away from prying eyes.

"That sounds perfect!" She jumped up clapping. There it was, the joyful girl I had always known. I loved how the smallest things would make her happy. I always felt like you could give the girl one grape and she would be grateful for ever. Now I can see why she ended up in Hufflepuff. "We need to keep it a secret okay. He cant find out about this. Also I am going to make him a cake"

"Merlin Penelope I want to live a long life not die young. Remember last year when you tried to bake biscuits? Me and Ominis were in the hospital wing for one week. You have the baking skills of a troll just like Garreth and his potion experiments" I felt Penelope punch my arm.

"its the thought that counts Sallow. Plus I will be baking it out of the love of my heart, so I have hope that it will be rather sweet." She huffed and looked upwards. I chuckled and gave her a wide smirk. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She said as her cheeks reddened.

"love huh? I knew the whole hating each other last year was a charade. I could sense the way you two looked at each other when you thought no one else did. I always wanted you both to be close since I cared about you both deeply, but I didn't expect you both to fall for one another so fast." I looked over to see her whole face turn bight red as well as her neck.

"I-we care about each other as friends Sebastian. We are just friends and I love him the same way I love you, Anne, Poppy, Natty-"