Someones Watching

I slumped over my bed and laid face down. My goodness was I exhausted. It was good to be back in my dorm although I did miss my home. I'm glad Garreth knocked some sense into me and I feel better about not being alone even after this is all over. I heard the door creek open.

"Welcome back!" Poppy cheered as she jump on my bed.

"Hi Poppy" I hugged her "I missed you I wish you would have been able to join us"

"I know how was it!?" I talked to her about Arias pregnancy, about how magical her wedding was, and about Ominis and I.

"So are you ever going to tell him?"

"Tell him what?"

"That you want to be more than friends silly"

"Maybe but not now"

"I see we'll I was going to go to Hogsmede to get some ingredients for class tomorrow care to join?"  Even though I was tired and all I wanted was sleep I felt like a girls day with Poppy will be great. She was my roommate and I felt like lately I haven't been spending time with her like we used to do I agreed.

We walked around Hogsmede for a while. I found some new quills and some treats. I grabbed some to share with Sebastian and Ominis. I was walking around arm and arm with Poppy giggling on funny adventures we should to have. When we wrapped around a corner I spotted a familiar head with curly brown locks. I smiled and ran un from behind hugging him.

"There YOU are" I laughed as I heard him let out a gasp and a chuckle. Sebastian turned around and picked me up spinning me in the air.

"Well I see you can't enough of me princess we have only been separated for 2 hours and you miss me" he winked

"I just can't ever get enough of my Prince Charming" I teased.

"Hmm what do we have here?" He reached in my bag filled with treats and grabbed a licorice wand."mmm tasty" he said with his mouth full.I laughed and playfully punched his arm.

"Those are for later Sebastian. Where's Ominis?"

"Wouldn't you want to know" he winked "He said he was tired and was going to go to bed" I smiled at how Ominis loved taking naps.

"Hello Sebastian" Poppy greeted.

"Hi sweeting, nice to see you crawl out of your barrel. What kind of beast have you found today" Sebastian loved getting under Poppy's skin for fun.

"Ugh for your information Sallow I didn't crawl out of the barrel I walked. Also none today I came out to have fun with my friend Penelope" she huffed which only made Sebastian's grin grow bigger.

"You're insufferable" Poppy let out as Sebastian patted her head.

"So why are you out and about Sebastian?"

"Welll out on official business"he placed his hands and his pockets and rocked back and forth.

"I see and who's the lucky witch this time?" I watched as Poppy looked confused between the both of us as if we spoke in a completely different language.

"Some ravenclaw girl that caught my eye on my way here" he chuckled. I looked behind him and saw the girl waiting for him.

"Well we won't keep you then. Behave yourself Sebastian I'll see you around" I waved at him goodbye and walked side to side with poppy.

As we headed out Poppy spotted a lovely little galleon purse and ran into the shop. I laughed at how amazed she was and decided to wait on the side so stay away from the crowded traffic. I pulled out a licorice wand and took a bite. With the licorice wand in my mouth I felt a cold presence behind me.

"I know you are lying" someone whispered and I turned around quickly and spotted no one. I was confused but thought maybe it was all in my head. "Why keep secrets" another whisper this time by my ear. I jumped but again no one was behind me. "I know who you really are Cromwell" this time I felt shivers go down my spine and my blood run cold. It felt as though I was having a nightmare. The hairs on my arm stood and I felt my arms growing bumps. My eyes widened and my mouth opened causing me to finally drop the licorice wand on the floor. I felt as though I couldn't breathe and my chest felt heavy.I was paralyzed and I couldn't move. I felt a cold hand brush my hair back behind my ear, but I wouldn't dare turn. I heard a wicked laugh and another whisper "only a matter of time" the cold hands released their touch and I turned to see someone in a dark cloak walk down the dark alley. I hadn't realized I was hyperventilating. I screamed when I felt a pair of warm hands grab my arm.

"Stop let go of me!" I watched as heads turned to look at my direction and I tossed my head back to the alley to see the figure had vanished. People were still staring at me and Poppy's face looked worried.

I then saw Sebastian push through the crowd and pulled me and Poppy out. We stayed quiet until we reached a tree out of the view of everybody else. I was still having a hard time breathing and my hands were shaking fiercely. Sebastian was silent but hugged me tightly. Poppy was still in shock as she watched my friend comfort me.

"Penelope it's okay I'm here. I'm here" he whispered softly in my ear.

"What's going on?" Poppy's voice was filled with worry.

"It's okay Sweeting just head back to the castle I'll take care of her"

"But-"

"It's fine I'll stay with her until she's okay" Sebastian was firm and turned his head back to me.my shaking stopped soon after and I felt my breathing come back under control. The sun had gone down and the wind became cooler. I looked up at the tree to see that the leaves have finally started to change color. I then felt something soft come over my head.

"Lift up your arms" Sebastian demanded and I obliged as he pushed my arms into his sweater.

"Thank you" I whispered feeling my body grow warmer.

"What happened?" He grabbed my shoulders. "I haven't seen you freak out like this since the last time Marvolo was with you"

"I I I don't know a Sebastian one minute I was fine then out of nowhere I panicked. I think it was all in my head and I didn't see poppy so I panicked"

"What was in your head?"

"I don't know I kept hearing whispers but k couldn't understand what they were saying" I lied as he wrapped me back into his arms.

"It's okay Penelope. I am here now and I won't let anything happen to you ever. I will protect you no matter the cost"

"Thank you Sebastian for always taking care of me" I leaned my head on his chest.

"I always will I won't ever let you get hurt again" he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. As we walked back to the castle he joked about how I owed him a date with a pretty girl since he had to come to my rescue. I laughed telling him I'd be a horrible wing man. The connection I shared with Sebastian was one that could never be severed. We had been through so much together and we were inseparable. I started dragging my feet a bit and he noticed. He sat in front of me and asked me to hop on. At this point I didn't care if others saw I was tired and gladly accept his piggy back ride.

Once at the front of the entrance we noticed a familiar blonde and he did not look happy at all.