Slay or be Slayed

Jasper's POV

I watched as she stood in front of me. All the time I spent chasing after her to keep her out of trouble, all the times I took care of her. I smiled remembering the little girl who used to have tea parties with her toys and make an endless supply of mud pies. The little girl I used to have to clean mud and twigs out of her hair. Now that little girl is all grown up and holding her own. She no longer needs me to take care of her.

Although I am worried for her safety, I am putting my trust on her friends who have been there for all her troubles and past battles. I tightened my grip on my wand ready for whenever she will need me.

Penelope's POV

As the dragon flew directly towards the castle I climbed on the balcony railing and tried to balance on it. I felt a hand on my calf and turned to see Jasper had grabbed me to help me gain balance. I smiled at him an returned my attention back to the dragon.

Before the dragon crashed into the castle I jumped off which caused everyone to gasp. "No you don't!" I yelled as I wrapped my ribbon of magic around the dragons neck. As I fell I gave all I could to change the dragons direction.

Once I landed I rolled on the ground and grunted from the impact. I looked up to see the dragon flipping back down and come down towards me. Without any hesitation I got up quickly and ran behind a large stone. My eyes widened as I noticed heat pool around my body and fire come over all my sides. Once the fire extinguished and the dragon flew over I jumped on top of stone and started casting spells towards it. "Bombarda!!" The hit caused the dragon to fly down a bit but not for long.

The dragon roared once again as it took flight up high. My legs trembled again but I remembered that I was doing this to protect my friends and loved ones. Once the dragon came close again I wrapped my magic ribbon around on his feet and I yelled as I was getting pulled up in the air. My eyes wandered to the ground below as objects began to appear smaller.

I looked up to see the dragon keep flying and I started to try to climb up as the wind blew harshly against me. My grip tightening so I wouldn't get knocked off. I gasped as the butterflies in my hair fell out.

Once I reached the top of its back I knew I needed to find a way to bring him back down. I had come up with a plan however it was going to be extremely dangerous. My hands shook as I tried to crawl forward towards his head. My eyes closed tightly and my body stopped moving forward. "I promise" the words echoed through my head. This was not the end I had promised Ominis to come back to him. My heart started beating faster and the cold air felt suffocating.

I started moving forward once again and reached near its head I stood up slowly trying not to loose balance. One flick of my wand and I had lighting strike directly on its head. I heard as the dragon screeched loudly and I descended towards the ground along with it.

On impact I heard a loud crash as dirt and grass flew around me. The dragon leaving a path behind we're it's body scraped the surface. My heart felt as though it was going to burst. I rolled of and landed on my back panting that I had done it.

Jaspers POV

The whole time my heart kept pounding to the point were I could feel it on my ears. I looked at the boys next to me each with a face of worry. I jumped when I saw fire fly but relieved that she was safe behind a giant stone.

When I noticed Penelope fly high I moved forward quickly and gripped the railing. I was so worried that she would fall. Arthur gripped my shoulder tightly and I looked over to him. "It's ok Jasper" he whispered but his voice was deceiving. I could hear it in his own voice how worried he was as well.

I couldn't stand it anymore. "Damien, Garreth, Sebastian! Pull down as many drapes as you can!" I ordered.

"What why?" Garreth asked.

"Just do it!" The boys brought back as many drapes as they possibly could and I started tying them together.

"What are you doing?" Damien asked.

"We need to be down there. What if she falls?" Sebastian nodded and started helping me tie some together as well. When we finished I tied them to once side of the railing ready for us to slide down.

I've all looked up as we saw a bright light appear in the air. Screams of student echoed as we saw the dragon fall down quickly. I didn't hesitate and jumped over the railing and slid down.

I heard the railing break and Arthur and Sebastian were trying to hold me up, but the fabric slipped through there hands.

"Jasper!!!" They yelled before I fell to the ground. I grunted in pain and slowly made my way back to my feet.

"Are you okay?!" Garreth yelled from above.

"I'm alright!" I yelled back. My legs shook and knocked me off balance once again when the dragon landed on the ground.

"Penelope!" I screamed as I ran towards them. I dropped to my knees and held Penelope up. My hands roamed all over her head making sure she was alright.

"I'm alright Jasper, just a bit out of breath" she let out. I helped back up on her feet and smiled. I noticed she struggled to take some steps so I wrapped her arm around my shoulder to help her walk.

"You're quite the warrior" I chuckled.

"Thank you" we heard cheering coming from the opening in the castle as we moved closer.

"How much detention do you think I'll receive for not listening to your uncle" she giggled.

"Most likely enough to beat Sebastian's infamous record, but maybe I can help you get off easy" I laughed. The cheering soon turned into multiple screams.

"Move!!!"

"Run!!!!"

"Turn around!!!"

We stopped once we heard rumbling and turned around to see the dragon had gotten back up.