Past Mistakes

After breakfast we made our way out to the field for the boys to play quidditch. Arthur still tried to talk to Garreth however, Garreth made the smallest effort to answer him. Once on the field I spread out a blanket for me and Ominis to sit on.

"Hey Penelope do you mind keeping this safe for me?" He handed me Amelia's necklace and I placed it in my pocket.

"Of course nothing will happen to it" he patted my head.

"Good luck out there"

"Thank you" but before I could leave I grabbed him and pulled him back. I whispered in his ear and smiled at me. "I was actually thinking the same thing"

"Well great minds think a like right?" We both chuckled.

"Well my mind is great I'm not so sure about yours" Jasper laughed.

I gasped dramatically "Jasper Black, I know you didn't just insult my intelligence" he chuckled and walked away.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't" he laughed as he made his way to Garreth.

"You seem rather comfortable with him" Ominis looked towards me.

"Yeah he's a very nice guy"

"You just met him and you two seem very close"

"I make friends easily Ominis" I chuckled

"Of course your a hufflepuff right?" He grabbed my waist and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.
"What did you whisper to him?"

"Oh it's nothing" I sat down and grabbed his hand to bring him down to me.

"Alright we are ready!" Sebastian yelled. "Come on Arthur. Make sure you don't drag me down alright" Sebastian laughed.

"I think it's the other way around" Arthur patted Sebastian's back.

"I thought Arthur and Garreth would be on a team?"

"Yes, but given their certain circumstances I think it's best for them to be on opposite sides"

They started playing and I described the game to Ominis. I couldn't stop smiling as he carried the plush niffler on his lap.

"You carry him everywhere?"

"Of course. He is special to me. He is my first stuffed toy. I've always wanted one as a child but my parents refused to give me one. I remembered my old friend had a lot of them." He gripped the niffler tighter. I couldn't stand the fact that Ominis didn't have a normal childhood. It broke my heart.

"I'm glad he means a lot to you." I kissed his cheek as he blushed.

"Yes well he's also special because you gave him to me" he smiled towards me and my stomach fluttered.

"Thank you for taking care of Garreth last night and lending him Jakers"

"No need. He's a good friend to me. I'm glad I was able to give him some sort of comfort." He interlinked our fingers together and I couldn't help but blush. His hands were so soft and delicate.

We continued watching the game. "Garreth and Jasper are about to win!" I shook Ominis by the shoulders as he laughed. "Garreth caught the snitch!" I got up jumping and Ominis stood up.

"Your so cute when you get all riled up" he giggled. I blushed and smiled awkwardly.
Garreth came cheering towards us and hugged us both.

"Eww Garreth your sweaty"

"That's what victory feels like"

"Remind me never to win anything then" Ominis laughed. Jasper ran towards us with his arms in the air.

"Merlin Garreth! You were amazing!" He hugged Garreth tightly.

"Not as good as you Jaspy!"

"Jaspy?" He chuckled.

"Congratulations!" I gasped as Jasper picked me up in the air and spun me around.

"I haven't had this much fun in years!" Jasper yelled. As he held on to my shoulders. I laughed seeing Jasper act so relaxed and free. I then felt Ominis wrap his arm around my waist possessively.

"Yeah me and My GIRLFRIEND enjoyed watching you guys play" I looked at Ominis confused to why he acted this way.

"You guys got lucky" Sebastian laughed as Jasper held him down and messed up his hair.

"It was a good game" Arthur said nervously.

"Yeah it was. Garreth you did great out there" Sebastian smiled.

"Thank you we all did" Garreth wiped the sweat from his face.

"Well let's go get washed up before we make the house smell for lunch" everyone laughed as we walked back to the tent. I slowed down to talk to Jasper a bit more. Ominis glared behind and Sebastian took a couple of glances between us as well.

"Is everything alright?" Jasper asked worriedly.

"I'm not sure actually. Ominis was fine but now he's acting a bit strange." Jasper stopped walking and I looked back to him.

"Do you think he knows" he whispered.

"I'm not sure.I don't think he would. If he did he would have mentioned something by now"I fidgeted with my hands. I was getting nervous about telling him. Jasper walked up to me and hugged me.

"It's okay. Tell him when you are ready no need to feel pressured" I smiled.

"Thank you Kieran" I whispered. "By the way I have a surprise for you tomorrow"

"Penelope no. I know what it is and the answer is no"

"Why not?"

"I..."

"Come one Penelope" I felt Ominis grab my hand. "We don't want your mother to worry. Everyone is waiting for us up ahead" I let walking and turned back to see Jasper had wiped some tears away. I ripped my self from Ominis grip.

"Ominis you guys go on ahead. Just give me a moment please" I gave him soft kisses on his lips. "I don't think I will ever get tired of that" I giggled as I stared at him in daze.

"Neither can I my love. Your lips are so soft and they always taste so sweet" he grabbed my waist. "We will wait for you at home but don't take long darling" he kissed my hand before walking back to Sebastian.

"Kieran I'm sorry if I upset you" I said as I reached out to him.

"No it's okay it's just... I don't deserve it"

"And why the bloody hell not?"

"Because if you can't celebrate neither can I. How could I if it's my fault you can't celebrate your birthday"

"That was my choice not yours. It is not your fault"

"Yes it is. I was able to wield magic at that age I could have... I could have done more. Mother told me to lock the door behind me and I forgot Emelisse. I forgot to lock the stupid charmed door. I ... fuck!" He fell to the ground sobbing.

"Kieran..." I covered my mouth and thought back to when he was regaining consciousness after the dragon attack. He kept whispering I'm sorry mother.