Silent Moments

I didn't get much sleep last night. I had small bags under my eyes and I just felt tired. As much as I wanted to get Ominis out of my head I couldn't. It was almost as if my brained was wired to think about him every second of my life. I dreamt about his lips and his touch that I so desperately craved. At this point I figured out that I truly had feelings for Ominis. I love him dearly, not as a friend, but as someone I want to be with. Of course the guilt still resides in me. I wanted to hurt him I wanted to get revenge for my family that they slaughtered. The guilt that sneaks it's way through my finger tips every time I think about being with him. I couldn't stop it no matter how I tried to justify it. My family is dead and here I am falling for the boy who was a part of their demise. I keep telling myself he's not like the others and he's kind, but deep down I know it's wrong for me to love him. However I pushed that feeling deep inside the darkest corner of my heart and embrace the reality that I wouldn't want to be with anybody else.

I smiled thinking about ways to tell Ominis how I really felt even if it meant getting horribly rejected. I didn't care I wanted to tell him even if he didn't feel the same. With now only two days left before the ball I figured I'd tell him before hand to see if maybe just maybe he'd change his mind and go with me. Oh how wrong I was.

I walked into great hall with a skip in my step only to slow down once I noticed Madeline in my usual seat. She was clinging onto Ominis hand feeding him blueberries. It made my blood boil and sadness hit me harder than a troll ever did. I was about to turn and sit in the hufflepuff table but Sebastian noticed me and waved me down. Shit I thought to myself.

I got close and sat next to Sebastian it was weird since I have never really sat next to him. "Good morning" I let out softly. Everyone greeted me. It was a force of habit already but I was putting Ominis favorite food on my plate, but stopped noticing his plate was full. I stared down at it trying to ignore it. Sebastian glanced at me with a weak smile. I had grabbed a tea cup and poured some in placing two sugars and a splash of honey. I sighed I did it again I thought.

The whole time the table was mostly silent other than Madeline's whining and annoying voice. She irritated me just by talking about some stupid opera she had gone to. I couldn't tell how Ominis was feeling about her running his ear off since his face stayed monotone. It was awkward to watch another girl be so close to him and overly affectionate. I almost wanted to blurt out that we had spent a night together, although nothing really happened other than cuddles and sleeping.

I hadn't realized the manner in which I aggressively was holding onto my tart. I then felt a hand on me causing me to loosen my grip.

"Whoa there my little hufflepuff what did that tart ever do to you" Damien chuckled as he took away my tart and cleaned off the jelly on my hands.

"Tha, thank you Damien that was kind of you" I said nervously as he sat on the other side of me. Now things were about to get really awkward. I can already see Ominis clenching his jaw.

Damien kept smiling looking down at the cul of tea in front of me. "Are you going to drink that or let the fairies have it?" He smiled at me.

"Oh I ugh... don't really drink tea" I giggled. Damien smiled down at me and shook his head.

"May I?" I nodded as he started to drink the tea.
"Is that honey I taste?" He smiled into the cup.

"Yes one splash of honey and two sugars" I let out softly. I can see Ominis brows furrow.

"Interesting choice for someone who doesn't really like tea"

"It's a force of habit" I smiled weakly as Sebastian squeezed my hand gently.

"Well I'm not sure about you but who would drink such a disgusting drink right Omi?, sounds like something the poor drink no offense Weasley" my hands clenched at her comment but also because Ominis said nothing.

"Well I absolutely love it" Damien continued to drink the tea and let out a sound of satisfaction once he finished it. Sebastian glared at Ominis.

"So Ominis do you like POOR people drinks?" Sebastian spat.

Madeline looked between Ominis and Sebastian confused. I stared at Sebastian trying to make sure he won't say anything to hurt his friendship with Ominis. Ominis stayed silent only glaring back at Sebastian and clenching his fists.

"So are you too good for us now Ominis?" Sebastian's scoffed. "Whatever I'm not the one who you are hurting". With that Sebastian continued eating his breakfast. Damien coughed nervously.

"Sooo darling I got you something" he said shyly.

"Damien you didn't have to" he put his hand out and swished it making white roses and one sunflower appear. "I know it's not much but-"
Before he could finish his sentence I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you it's perfect" I looked at the three white roses and the sunflower in the middle with a huge smile. I didn't care if it was one flower I would have been happy. I moved my head up to see Damien looking away from me but I can still see that his ears were as red as a tomato. I giggled at his reaction seeing how easly mister cocky got flustered.

"I can't wait to see you in your dress" he placed a gentle his at the top of my head and excused himself from the table. Sebastian gripped his hand and patted his back smiling at him. He whispered something in his ear but I was not able to make out what he said.

At this point Ominis was looking a bit defeated but kept nodding his head to whatever nonsense Madeline was whispering in his ear. I felt back seeing how trapped he looked. I wish I had the key to unlock him from his cage.