A Night To Remember Part 1

Jasper's POV

As I walked down the stairs I chuckled at the boys teasing me and I shook my head.

"That's my man!" Arthur said as he whistled.

"He's mine Artie get your own!" Sebastian yelled back.

"I thought Ominis was your wife" Garreth chimed in.

"I'm filing for a divorce" Ominis chuckled.

I really enjoyed our friendship dynamic. It was always chaotic and silly. We knew never to take one another seriously. I hadn't had friends in a long time and I really did enjoy this. Every single second of it. I shook everyone's hand but stopped when I noticed Ominis with a spray bottle.

"Ominis... what is that for?" I raised an eyebrow. Ominis smiled and looked at me.

"You will see" he shook my hand. My face still remained one of confusion and curiosity.

As we waited for the girls I noticed Sebastian fidgeting a bit. I've never seen this man nervous about a date and as much as I wanted to tease him about it. I didn't want to ruin this moment for him. So I grabbed him and fixed his tie before I patted his back. "You look great" I smiled as he cleared his throat. He nodded and smiled as his fidgeting stopped.

The first girl to come down was Daria and she looked absolutely stunning. I smiled as I watched her slowly descend. Her dress was black and flowy at the bottom. There was a band around her waist. She smiled and blushed looking down at the ground.

"You look... beautiful" I smiled as she stuck her hand out to me. I grabbed it gently and placed a gentle kiss on top. Although we were courting she still believed in keeping her status clean. She refused to let me kiss her other than her hand. I respected her wishes as she respected mine.

I heard the first spray and quickly turned my head.

"Close your mouth that's my sister!" Arthur and Garreth said in unison. I laughed before looking up. Emelisse looked absolutely breathtaking. I parted my mouth a bit as well. I was in shock at how beautiful she had grown up to be. Our sisters would have not even believed it was her and my mother would have been thrilled.

I went up and hugged her. I almost felt like crying but I didn't want people to think something was going on between us.

"You look beautiful princess" Sebastian smiled as Ominis grabbed her tightly and spun her around. He placed a bunch of kisses all over her face and I smiled. I was happy for them both.

Soon Arthur's date came down. "Where's Wendy?" Sebastian asked Penelope.

"She needed help, so Imelda offered. They should be down shortly." Penelope giggled.

"Garreth who is your date?" Daria asked quietly.

"I'm taking a friend" he smiled back. "Merlin" Garreth gasped. I looked up and saw Imelda descending slowly. She also wore a black dress but hers hugged her waist tightly. I let out a small gasp. She looked gorgeous and my heart fluttered. She didn't look like the annoying girl I was used to. As she came down Garreth stretched his hand out and grasped it.

"You- you look great" I said as Imelda smiled and gently whispered a thank you before returning her attention back to Garreth. Daria squeezed my hand and I cleared my throat.

Sebastian dropped to his knees and his mouth flung open when Wendy came down the stairs. He looked like he was practically drooling and once again I heard the spray. We all laughed and Wendy covered her mouth trying to hold back her giggles.

"You are so beautiful Wendy" Sebastian teased.

"You look great in pastel green" she smiled. I remember Sebastian mentioning Wendy wanted him to wear light colors just for this night. We all made our way into the venue. My eyes kept wondering back towards Imelda and Garreth. They seemed happy with one another.

Penelope's POV

"Ominis" I giggled as he kept pulling me in towards him placing kisses down my neck. "What has gotten into you?" I smiled.

"Nothing only that my beautiful girlfriend is the belle of the ball" he said as he lifted me off the ground. I bent down and kissed him gently before he spun me around.

"Ominis the others are watching" I blushed harshly.

"Let them watch" he gave me a devilish smile. "I want them to know that you are mine" I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest and my skin felt as though it was on fire. "Lost for words my love?" Ominis tilted his head smirking up at me.

"Merlin what did Garreth put in that drink?" I laughed as he brought me back down. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and we began to move along with the music. Our bodies close to one another leaving no inch between us. I moved my head and smiled at Wendy and Sebastian. Both of them looked happy and they were also dancing close to one another.

"I love you Penelope Weasley" I hummed as I turned my head back to Ominis. He looked at me with soft eyes. I looked into his beautiful eyes that shimmered like clear blue skies. "I will always be in love with you" he leaned in slowly placing a gentle kiss on my lips. His lips were soft and sweet.

My eyes fluttered open as a silence broke between us. "I have always loved you Ominis Gaunt". I felt tears form in my eyes. He grabbed my hand where the promise ring hugged my finger and kissed it delicately as if I were to break.

"I promise one day that will be an engagement ring" he whispered in my ear as I blushed.

Once the song ended we made our way back to out table to rest for a bit. Everyone sat around the round table talking and laughing. Ominis took his coat off and hung it behind me. He started to adjust his cuffs and a little gold pin caught my attention.

"Ominis..." I whispered and he looked towards my direction.

"Yes my love" he smiled at me as I reached out for his hands. I turned his wrist with the pin to face me. It was a golden snake with emerald eyes. My eyes widened as it looked exactly like the one I carried around. I quickly faced Jasper who gave me a confused look.

"It's a lovely pin" I smiled as he gripped my hands.

"Thank you sweetheart. My Aunt Noctua gave them to me as a gift when I was a child, however " he turned his other wrist. "I lost the other one and I'm not sure where it ended up unfortunately" I looked at Jasper who looked just as shocked and back to me.

Sebastian placed a kiss on top of Wendy's head. "Hey Ominis why don't we go get some drinks for the girls" he smiled as him and Ominis made their way over to the drink table.

My hands shook as I felt the inside of my pocket carefully rubbing the pin as I felt my chest become heavier. This whole time it belonged to him. I grabbed my head trying to remember what happened.

I pictured that night back at the house. I remembered that before Ominis casted crucio on me he had thrown the pin towards me. I gasped as I covered my mouth. How could I have forgotten that. I looked up and saw Wendy and everyone with concerned looks on their faces.

"I think she needs some fresh air. It is getting to be stuffy in here" Jasper stood up and pulled me up. He walked me over to the balcony and I started to cry. He grabbed me and hugged me tightly trying to ease some of the pain away.