To those I hold dear

I took a deep breath for the cold air to circulate my lungs. The loud chatter of students filled the sky and the smell of smoke from the previous train lingered. I smiled happy to return back to school although I'll miss the time I shared with all my friends. I looked to see some familiar faces. Poppy and Natty jumped and smiled at me. It was starting to get cold and I shivered a bit.

"Is my spicy little hufflepuff cold?" Ominis chuckled.

"Just a little bit" I felt him wrap his arms around me and bring me close to his chest.

"My love I told you to wear a coat" he raised an eyebrow at me noticing I only wore a sweater.

"I know but it wasn't this chilly earlier" I pouted as he chuckled. I watched as he unbuttoned his coat.

"Ominis don't. It's cold I don't want to take your coat from you" he gave me a mischievous smile.

"Who said I was giving you my coat" he winked at me. I opened my mouth in shock, but quickly realized what he was doing. I laughed how he brought me inside his coat and wrapped it around me as much as he could.

"Better?" He kissed the top of my head.

"Yes thank you Ominis" I smiled while I looked up to him.

"Ugh, I rooted for you to be together but now that I'm baring witness to this love fest I feel as if I am about to throw up a dozen brooms" Imelda chuckled.

"I think I have room for one more if you are jealous Imelda" Ominis laughed walking over to her slowly and opening the coat.

"Oh shut it Gaunt!" She laughed and walked away. I snuggled myself deeper into Ominis trying to steal as much warmth from him as I could before the train arrives.

.........a couple minutes later....

We heard the train whistle from a distance and students started to make their way to the edge. I turned to see my mother with tears in her eyes. "The house will be so quiet without you loud children" she placed her hands together near her mouth trying to hold back the sadness in her face.

"We will be back for Christmas break mum don't worry" Arthur hugged her and kissed her head.

"I know it just gets lonely not having a full house" she sniffles and smiled. "Here I have something for all of you" she handed us each a bag with some treats. She then hugged us one by one and kissed our foreheads wishing us the best.

"Take good care of her Ominis" she hugged Ominis tightly. "Make sure you eat and get enough rest my boy" she patted his back and fixed his coat. Brushing down the sides of his sleeves to get rid of the wrinkles that formed.

"Of course Mrs. Weasley and I'll make sure she wears a coat as well" I scoffed in protest as they laughed. The train soon arrived and people started boarding. We waved goodbye as we got on the train, however before I took the last step inside I turned my head back to mother. She was crying and my heart was aching. I started crying as well and jumped down and ran towards her hugging her tightly once more.

"I love you mum" I cried as she placed a bunch of kisses on my head.

"I love you too my sweet little Penelope. I'm glad you became my daughter I am so proud of you little one. Now go on before you are left behind" she wiped the tears out of my face and I made my way inside the train.

"Finally!" I let out as the heat inside the train started to warm up my cold face. I started walking down spotting Jasper holding the door open for the others to go in. As I approached closer I looked to my side and noticed Wendy alone in one of the carts I smiled and quickly grabbed her startling her.