The New Toys

Some Time Ago...
As I walked down the hall I grabbed my cheek. It was still bruised and tender. "Aren't we Friends?" Echoed in my head. That stupid little witch kept crawling into my mind. However, out of respect for my family I would never actually be close with the likes of her.

"Damien look they have chocolate frogs here" I heard her giggle and I pictured her warm smile in my head. I walked into a broom closet and punched the wall. "Dammit!!!" I groaned. "She's not your friend Damien. Pull yourself together" I whispered as I placed my head against the wall. "She deserves no mercy and no forgiveness for what she has done" I grinned laughing wickedly as I held my face.

Once I recollected myself I continued walking towards my class. I watched as the Raven glared at me waking by, but I paid her no mind. I know she was angry with me and she wanted to kill me.

Days back.....

"Put the boy down Raven" Marvolo said sternly pointing his wand towards her. The Raven didn't let go. I watched as Marvolo slowly made his way over and pushed his wand up to her throat.
"I won't ask again"

The Raven scoffed and released me causing me to fall on my knees.

"If you are going to kill me then do it now!" The Raven yelled as she threw her wand to the ground. Marvolo chuckled and walked over towards us. He glared at us with such intensity that it made me shiver. It felt cold inside that abandoned cottage and the air felt thinner.

I lowered my head staring at the old wooden floor. It was broken and cracked. Holes spread out throughout and the paint seemed to be slowly fading away.

"I'm not going to kill any of you. In fact I'm here to make a deal" he said as he twirled his wand around pacing around us.

"Why would we make a deal with you?" The Raven asked trying not to raise her voice.

"I mean your only other option would be for my mother to find out you failed her mission and have me come kill you, and believe me when I say this. I would have you begging for a quick death" he grabbed the Raven by the chin and she forcefully broke out of his grasp.

"But we didn't fail" I said in a low tone.

"Oh well you failed to hurt my brother. Mother won't care that you only hurt one of them when she asked you for both. Also little Damien it's your word against mine" he chuckled and I glared back at him. He was so vile.

"So we don't have a choice" I said sternly.

"I knew atleast one of you was smart enough" he squatted down to me and smiled wickedly. He stuck his hand out towards me and I shook it. He pulled me up forcefully and gripped me by my jaw.

"You will work under me and my commands come before my mothers do you understand me" I nodded as he released me.

"Understood" I wiped the blood from the corners of my mouth.

"Whatever you say Marvolo" the Raven responded.

"So since you two clearly can't handle them alone I figured I would find you some help" he clapped his hands.

"Why don't you just do it yourself and why go against your mother?" The Raven questioned.

"See I don't want to dirty my hands for something so trivial, and secondly I don't completely trust my mother's choices" he laughed before waving his hand.

Three people walked in wearing masks and a black cloak just like the ones we wore. "These are my new toys... The Sparrow, the Canary, and The cardinal" Each one bowed as their names were called. "I'm pretty sure you've met" he snapped his fingers and they all took off their masks. My eyes widened seeing other students. One I suspected would have joined while the other caught even me off guard.

"Please play nice" Marvolo laughed wickedly. "Hurt them" he smirked.

"What?!" The Raven said taking a strong stance.

"Did you really believe I would let you go unpunished?" Marvolo stopped before walking out the door and twirled our wands in the air. "This way you can see what real wizards look like" he chuckled "they are each strong in their own way. I hand picked them of course" he snapped his fingers and the 3 walked closer to us grinning. "You can have these back once they are done" with that he left us behind.

Present Day...

I gripped my box as I made my way towards the library. I noticed Arthur sitting with his brother on a far corner. I slipped past them trying not to catch their attention. I slowly placed down my box where they could see it and made my way out.

I felt bad doing this to Sebastian as he had been nothing but welcoming to me. I felt even worse since he tried so hard to keep his sister alive. I know the feeling of not being able to save a loved one no matter how hard you try. I didn't expect him to have murdered his uncle, but maybe it could have been an accident. While I walked I noticed the Cardinal smile at me. Her smile sent shivered through my whole body. That smile was nothing but a plastered fake that terrified me even more.

I turned to see as she walked into the library holding her box. I sighed at the eerie feeling I felt in my chest. Something about the Cardinal didn't feel right. As I was about to turn the corner I watched as the two Weasley boys ran past me with the boxes. I wonder where they were running off to?

I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Glad to see you didn't fail. Excuse me I have a part to play still" the cardinal said arrogantly. Marvolo trusted them with more than me and the Raven. I leaned on the wall and thought of this whole ordeal was even worth the trouble anymore. What would my family think of me.

'Damien, you're so kind' her voice once again popped into my head. "I'm not kind Emelisse not anymore" I whispered to myself as I peeled off the wall. "I'm going to make you pay for everything you have done. I'm going to make you regret the day you ever hurt my family" I gripped my hand harshly as I made my way over to the great hall. I can't be friends with her anymore, she is my enemy.

Authors Note

Hello Lovelies I just wanted to let you all know that I am still writing the story so don't give up on me. I know it has been a while since the last chapter had been released but I had been super busy. I was working on The Undercroft Adventures on Tik Tok as well as Hogtober. It was hard to keep up with everything but now I feel a bit more open. Thank you for those who stuck around for my crazy antics and hopefully you enjoy the next couple of chapters. There will be heartache and love triangles. Drama and suspense so hope you enjoy. Don't forget to comment I really enjoy reading them as well. Especially to my dubbed comment queen 👸 you know who you are lol 😂.

Love Emelisse P Cromwell and Paige