Love and Pain

Jaspers POV

I groaned as I sat up. I looked over to Wendy cutting an apple. Her eyes widened and she smiled before she hugged me tightly. I patted her back softly as I was still sore.

"Jasper you're awake" she hugged me tighter. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have left you alone"

"I'm okay Wendy thank you, but you're crushing me" I chuckled.

"Oh right I'm sorry. Here nurse Blainey said you past out from exhaustion, so eat up" Wendy placed an apple in front of my lips. I smiled and ate it seeing she had carved it into heart shapes. I turned my head once I heard Sebastian cough.

"Wendy I think Jasper is well enough to feed himself" Sebastian glared at me and I grinned mischievously.

"No my hands are still a bit sore" I groaned pretending to be more injured than I actually was. Wendy looked horrified and sat on the edge of the bed feeding me. I smiled at Sebastian who shook his head.

"Well I'm glad you are alright" I heard Imelda grumble out lowly. I turned my head not realizing she had been sitting there. She crossed her arms and looked out towards the window.

"What happened to practice?" I looked at her and Sebastian.

"I canceled it... I figured I'd go looking for you because I thought you were messing around, but then saw Sebastian carrying you. So I figured I'd make sure you were alright before" I saw a slight blush appear on her cheeks.

"Imelda being nice... who'd ever thought" I chuckled.

"I'll have you know I care about all my teammates you you... ugh I can stand you sometimes" Imelda got up and stormed out. "Be ready for practice after classes!" She yelled across the wing. Sebastian laughed.

"Hope you know because of your little joke she will be working us like dogs" Sebastian shook his head still laughing. I felt Wendy place her hand above mine and look genuinely upset.

"Please don't push yourself Jasper" she looked at me with pleading eyes. Wendy was interesting. She was strong and brave, but she always babied us as if she'd lose us in a blink of an eye.

"I won't Wendy I promise I'll be fine" I squeezed her hand. She smiled and grabbed me another heart shaped apple slice. It felt nice having friends for a change. Every time I'd end up at the hospital wing no one would come visit me other than Daria, but even then I'd push her away.

I heard fast steps approaching and looked to see a very worried Penelope rushing in. "You idiot" she punched my arm before hugging me. She started crying and I couldn't seem to calm her down. Sebastian looked confused and worried as he rubbed Penelope back.

"Princess he's alright don't worry" he said softly as her sniffling stopped. Sebastian wiped her tears away looking at her face in a loving way. He was always so gentle with her. Arthur was right no one could comfort Penelope the way Sebastian could.

"We will give you some time alone" Sebastian stood up slowly releasing Penelope. He pulled the chair closer and patted it for her to sit. "Wendy let's go"

"But Jasper needs us" Wendy hesitated.

"Penelope will watch him for a bit. We need to go" Wendy stood there still very worried about my health. Sebastian huffed and picked her up over his shoulder. As Sebastian carried her out Wendy kept talking.