The New Keeper Part 1

Penelope POV

"Channel all your magic to your wand"

"I'm trying, but it's very difficult."

"Don't worry Jasper you're doing great" I tried to cheer him up, so he wouldn't start feeling defeated. While at the house he had mentioned the blue magic that came out of him and since then he's been trying to channel it.

"I don't feel like I'm doing great" he grunted as blue magic swirled out of his arm.

"It took me a bit of practice as well, don't give up" I wanted him to learn to use his magic properly before I took him to the keepers. I wanted him to be able to finish his trials with no issues like I had to.

"I think I got it!" Jasper laughed as the blue magic swirled around his wand. I laughed as I played around with the snake pin. I lifted my head when I heard Jasper yell in excitement when he picked up a rock and smashed it on the ground.

"Yeah it only took all morning" I teased him as he walked towards me.

"Well my helpful little sister. You don't have a captain that wants you to eat and breath quidditch all day long behind your back" he laughed.

"True..." I fidgeted again with the pin as Jasper took a seat next to me.

"Emelisse" I hummed back in response.

"That pin isn't fathers" my eyes widened and I looked towards him.

"What do you mean?" I looked at the pin that I held at my fingertips.

"It's what I tried to tell you the other day. Father owned a snake pin just like it, however the stones on his were Black not Emerald." Jasper took the pin and lifted it up towards the sky.

"Then who's is it?" I looked at him confused.

"I'm not sure who it belongs to either" he inspected the pin more before handing it back to me.

"I'm ready to see the keepers" he said sternly.

"Jasper... you only just-"

"I am not allowing you to protect the repository alone, and especially not after everything you have told me" he grabbed my shoulders.

"We have time for you to practice. No one's after the repository"

"You don't know that Emi. You don't know if that's what the Raven and Crow want" I froze. I had completely forgotten.

"You're right, but just a bit more practice please" I pouted as he laughed.

"I can't believe I still fall for that" he hugged me tightly.

"Were mother or father able to wield ancient magic?"

"No they weren't" Jasper leaned his elbows back and looked up at the rising sun.

"Do you think Elena or Lucia would have been able to?"

"Hmm maybe, but it would be funny to see them try"

"Yeah it would have. They would have just been bickering the whole time" I laughed imagining them during the trials trying to avoid the mud and insects. I sighed "I miss them"