Never too late

Penelope's POV

I grunted as I felt something heavy fall on top of me. I opened my eyes slightly to see Sebastian had jumped on top of us. I laughed as I heard Ominis grumble.

"That's the second time you steal my lover, Penelope" Sebastian hugged us tightly.

"Well Sallow I guess you're not as smooth as you think you are if he keeps slipping from your fingers and into mine" I laughed as I heard him let out a dramatic gasp.

"I'll let you know Princess. I provide plenty for my wife" he smiled cheekily at Ominis.

"Get off Sebastian, you damn rat" Ominis huffed.

"Oh come on Ominis you know you love me" I laughed as he made kissing noises at Ominis. "I love both of you. I can't believe you guys left me out of this little sleep fest. I was all alone in my room with no one to hold."

"We love you too Sebastian" with that he started placing kisses on our heads simultaneously until Ominis held his face away from his. I couldn't stop laughing. I had missed these lovely moments with my two best friends.

"Get off Sallow your going to crush Penelope"

"Okay okay."

I got up and stretched. I smiled thinking how I didn't have any more nightmares the rest of the night. I turned back to see Sebastian tackle Ominis back on the couch and hold him.
"Well considering you two lovebirds need some space I'm going to start heading out"

"What? where are you going?" Ominis made a sad face.

"I have some things to do before the ball" I got closer to the boys and placed a kiss on their foreheads. "See you guys later" I walked away trying so hard not to cry.

Ominis POV

"So did anything happen last night?" I rolled my eyes and pinched my nose.

"No Sebastian. All we did was sleep here to keep one another company"

"You have so many opportunities to make a move Ominis, yet you never do."

"Sebastian! I'm not going to be making any move on Penelope"

"Why can't you just accept the fact that you are madly in love with this girl Ominis? You act like a lost puppy every time she is near by"

"I can't, Sebastian I'm with Madeline now"

"You can't or you won't" I was starting to get frustrated.

"I can't Sebastian. I really can't" I sighed figuring I should just tell him the truth. "Sebastian, my family has arranged me to be with Madeline. They threatened to take me out of school and well I'm scared they would hurt you or Penelope" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Ominis why didn't you tell me this before? Im sorry I wouldn't have been so harsh if I had known" I felt his hand grip my shoulder.

"It's ok Sebastian. It's my fault I should have came clean to you about it, but I know how you are and you wouldn't be the type to let it go" I chuckled at how stubborn Sebastian could be sometimes.

"Yeah I guess your right" he laughed. "But that doesn't mean you can't accept your true feelings for Penelope. You need to tell her"

"No Sebastian. She likes Damien. She was waiting for him to ask her to the ball and I won't get in the way of her happiness. Im not good for her anyway and my family would never..."

"Ominis I'm going to stop you right there. Are you this bloody dense mate? That girl loves you, and she wanted you to take her. Why do you think she got really upset?"

"Either way Sebastian it will never work out"

"Come on, you won't even give it a chance. Just tell her how you feel and see what happens"

"It's for her safety Sebastian. I won't allow my family to even touch her. You heard the way Marvolo spoke to her at Hogsmede" I sighed and placed a hand on my cheek. As much as I wanted nothing more than to be with that girl I couldn't. My family would find a way to hurt her and get her away from me.

"Ominis, you can't let your family manipulate you every time. You have to stand up for yourself"

"It's not easy"I shook my head and slouched on the couch.

"Nothing ever is Ominis, but if you don't take chances you will regret it forever" I heard him let out a loud sigh.

"You don't understand Sebastian! I can't just be with her and not expect my family to do something"

"Stop with the excuses Ominis!!"

"They are not excuses Sebastian!!! You get to date and fu- mess around with all these girls and have no one telling you no. You have no one threatening to harm you or your friends. You can date anyone you want whenever you want. But that's not the same thing for me!!"

"Ominis is that really what you want? To marry some cruel woman because your parents tell you to? Or do you want to marry the girl you are falling hard for!!"

"You already know my answer!!"

"Then do it!!"

"I can't!!!"

"No you won't!! There is a difference!"

"Shut up Sebastian. You think it will be that easy?!"

"She deserves to know Ominis!" I scoffed. "Do you love her!"

"What?"

"Do you love Penelope?"

"I- yes I do" I let out a sigh and leaned back into the couch in defeat. "Every time I'm close to her I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to. I feel my heart flutter every time she is near me or touches me. I love how strong she is and how she's not like the other girls. She is kind to everyone and is always wanting to help even when those people don't deserve it. I miss her whenever she isn't close to me. She's all I ever think about and I can't get her out of my head. It doesn't feel right when she isn't near it's like without her nothing makes sense. I want to kiss her and hold her. When she laughs it fills me with warmth and happiness. I can't stand the thought of her with anyone else. It irks me to think that other guys look at her. I hate it when I can hear them talking so vulgar about her" I felt the tip of my ears and my cheeks get hot. I glared at Sebastian when I heard him chuckle.

"Well Ominis, I can safely say that you are indeed in love with Penelope. You wear your heart on you sleeve and by the way you described your feelings only confirms it" I smiled knowing Sebastian was right. I had no doubt in my mind that I had fallen for the girl I scolded for going into my undercroft.

"Yes Sebastian. You are correct"

"Tell her what you told me"

"Sebastian, I think it's a little too late for that"

"It's never too late Ominis. Go find her and tell her before someone else beats you to it" I nodded and stood up. I was going to pour my heart out to her.