Sunflowers and Roses

The rest of the week went by with no problems. Maybe the boxes where nothing but empty threats to break us apart. However in my mind all I could think about was someone knowing our identity and what they would do with it.

I kept walking and found myself distracted once more. "Penelope! Penelope!" I turned quickly and apologized to my friend.

"I'm sorry Poppy I was lost in my own head. Is there something I could help you with?" I asked smiling at her.

"I just need you to stay out of our dorm for an hour or so" Poppy said nervously smiling at me while she swung back and forth on her feet.

"Any reason in particular?" I asked raising an eyebrow and trying to figure out why on wary o would not be allowed to enter our room.

"Fine you caught me" she dropped her arms in defeat. "I accidentally spilled a joke potion in our room and it smells. I didn't want you to get mad it was meant for Leander" she laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Let me guess you were helping Garreth?" I laughed.

"Yes, umm well your brother can be very convincing at times" Poppy blushed.

"Alright Poppy" I smiled "now if you'd excuse me I need to go work on my charms paper" I patted her shoulder and made my way towards the library.

After a couple of hours I wanted to get some lunch. I also wanted to see Ominis, but first I was going to put away some stuff in my room. As I walked inside the other Hufflepuff students stared at me whispering things I couldn't make out. I assumed it had something to do with our smelly room. I'm guessing it lingered acrossed our common room.

As I reached for my door a pair of girls giggled as they stood near the railing watching me. Oh well here goes nothing. I held my breath preparing myself for the worst. I closed one of my eyes as my cheeks puffed up from holding in my breath and turned the door knob.

Once the door swung open I gasped and looked around the room that was filled every inch by roses and sunflowers. I walked around slowly trying not to crush the flowers under my feet. I heard oohs and awes coming from behind me, but when I turned around everyone laughed and screamed as they away. I smiled knowing this had to be Ominis's doing.

On my bed I noticed a box of chocolate frogs and a niffler plushie that matched the one he has. I let out a bunch of giggles as a swarm of paper butterflies flew around me.

"This is incredible" I said breathlessly as one landed on my finger. The moment I touched the papered butterfly it opened and read the following.

To my Beautiful Butterfly,

I hope you enjoy the scene of the many flowers that fill your room. Although I could not see them the scent itself was beautiful. I am so in love with you Penelope it's hard for me to put it into words, but you've made me the happiest man in the world. I have something I would like to ask of you. If you could please join me at our spot near the lake.

Forever yours,
Ominis Gaunt

P.S Poppy helped me sneak in to avoid getting drenched in vinegar.

I grabbed the letter and held it close to my chest while I bit my bottom lip. I smiled as as swayed side to side before running out the door.

When I reached out spot I saw Ominis standing by a tree holding a bouquet of flowers.

"More flowers Ominis?" I laughed as he smiled and approached me.

"Even with these it's still not enough for my Princess" he placed a gentle kiss on my lips. He handed me the bouquet of Sunflowers and roses. There was another small bluish flower in the mix as well.

"Hey Ominis, what are these flowers?" I asked placing his hand gently on one. He hummed in response.

"Those are called forget me nots. The lady at the shop told me they were pretty and well I wanted to get them for you so you never forget about me and how much I love you" I blushed and cupped his cheek.

"They are beautiful Ominis thank you" I kissed him back gently. It was much softer than our normal kisses. Without any words it spoke millions. All the love we had for one another and the care was being showed by touch. After we broke the kiss he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Hope you're hungry I made us a picnic" I laughed as I saw a blanket with floating candles and a basket full of food.

"You know I will never deny food" Ominis giggled placing a kiss on the top of my head before we sat down to eat.

"I have something to ask you" Ominis grabbed my hands in his and blushed. "Would you be my date for the ball?" He squeezed my hands gently.

"Of course Ominis!" I leaped into his arms causing him to fall back laughing as he returned the embrace nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck.

"I'm glad you are my date" he chuckled as he held me close.

Sebastian's POV

As I walked outside I noticed Wendy walking by. I smiled as this time she wasn't able to sneak past me. I walked up to her and standing in front of her.

"Oh hello Sebastian" she smiled.

"Hey Wendy what are you doing?" I asked.

"Just coming back from the lake. I was helping Ominis set up a picnic for Penelope" she pulled out a slice of cake. "He gave this to me as a token of appreciation. He truly is a kind person"

"Yeah he is" I said softly. There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Well I should get going now" Wendy walked around me but I stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"I'm sorry" I released her arm. "Do you happen to have a date to the ball yet?" I asked nervously.

"No I have not" she looked at her feet.

"Well I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go to the ball with me?" I asked as I scratched the back of my neck. She smiled towards me.

"Oh like a group? I'd love to hang out with all you guys" Wendy smiled brightly which caused me to blush.

"Ehm no I meant as a date. Like with me. Together you and I" I sounded like a bloody idiot.

"Oh" she looked shocked before I saw a faint flush of pink on her cheeks.

"Well it's just as friends. We don't have to call it a date. Anyway we would still be sitting with Penelope and all of them"

"I'd love too" she giggled which caused my heart to thump faster.

"Oh well alright then. Umm just send me an owl with the color of your dress and I'll find something to match it with" I smiled at her before I started to walk away. I felt so embarrassed. What was wrong with me?

"Oh Sea Bass one more thing" I turned around and she gave me that loving smile. Merlin this girl is going to drive me off a cliff.

"What is it?" I asked nervously. Was she going to retract the invite?

"Was I your last choice?" She looked towards the side not facing me any longer. It broke my heart for her to think that way.

"No Wendy you are not" I smiled at her.

"But if I was and I said no? Would you have gone alone?" She asked curiously.

"Well I would have just carried you to dance" I laughed as she turned a deep shade of red. "I'll talk to you later Wendy." Once I was out of sight I jumped up in the air. Yes! I yelled.