A Night to Remeber Part 2

Penelope's POV

"It's his, it's his" I cried out into Jasper's chest. The cries muffled as my face pressed against him. I felt his hand rub my back gently as his other held my head.

"I know..." he whispered. "Everything is okay" he said softly. "We are safe we aren't there anymore" I finally let go of him wiping away some tears. I sighed as I looked up at the sky.

"I get these mini panic attacks every time I remember or think about the past" I choked .

"I do too" Jasper said as he leaned over the balcony. His eyes saddened as he looked down. "I try not to think about it but the guilt still haunts me. I should have-" his voice cracked.

I looked around and no one was in sight. "Kieran I don't blame you, we were just children and in a really tough situation" I whispered as I looked at him.

"But one simple little move would have changed everything" he sighed as he let his hands drop over the balcony.

"You're wrong. You already know father wasn't a kind man. As much as he loved us he made countless enemies. Any one of those would have come at us at any time." I sighed. I forgave them long ago for the abuse I had gone through but a part of me still hated him. I placed a hand gently over my waist where a scar laid on top.

"As horrible as it sounds Jasper. I'm-" my voice cracked. Should I tell him the truth of what I feel? What if he resents me or thinks I'm sick.
"Deep down I feel free that he's gone. No more being locked away for days in the basement, no more unforgivable curses for being clumsy or different. No more for being kind and innocent. I truly feel free as though I can live without fear that one day he'd hurt me again".

Jasper's bright blue eyes widened in shock. For a moment he said nothing. He just stared at me and then down at my waist. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you that time" he smiled with tears in his eyes. Jasper often tried to protect me from our fathers rage often jumping in front of the curses so it wouldn't hit me. He'd even sneak me food in the basement. One of them being chocolate frogs.

In the loneliest of times I found comfort in chocolate frogs. They made me happy because of how sweet they were in the darkest of my times causing me to grow this obsession with them as I grew older. I didn't have many friends other than two and they were both ripped away by my father. The servants who played with me got threatened so they stopped. My sisters refused to play while Kieran wanted to, but couldn't because my father was preparing him to take the family name and be the man of the household.

We endured so much pain, yet at the end I forgave him for all of it. However he was right about one thing. It did make me stronger and grow as a person. He didn't break me because after all that pain I'm still that kind caring girl. Im strong enough to protect my friends. Im still silly and clumsy, and my mother was right. I found Ominis again. My mother often tried to protect me as well but she was still cruel from time to time often instigating my punishments.

I felt a tight hug and turned my head slightly to see Jasper embracing me tightly. "We are both free" he chuckled slightly. "They won't ever hurt us again. I forgave them too but I still feel the guilt." He sighed and I could see his breathe from the cold air around us. "Don't worry about it though. I know one day I'll find the forgiveness I need for it to disappear." He let go of me and smiled as he fixed my hair.

"You look beautiful by the way." He stuck his hand out to me and bowed. I laughed as I went grabbed him and we began to dance.

"I'm going to tell him" I smiled. I was finally ready to tell Ominis the truth.

"I've been waiting for you to say that" he laughed. "It took you long enough" he teased and I playfully punched his arm.

"I'm going to tell him on Christmas. I figured that I could give him his pin back, and tell him the truth. I want it to be special moment" I smiled.

"That will be special Pen" he laughed. "I know it will be hard and it will be a shock, but the boy is literally in love with you. I know he won't be mad" Jasper said as he twirled me around.

"You're going to make me dizzy" I laughed as he kept spinning me around.

"I'm happy too. I wasn't as close to him as you were, but I do miss the grumpy little kid" he laughed but we stopped when we heard movement in a corner. When we looked the curtain swayed but no one was around.

"Must have been the wind" I said nervously.

"We should head back before Ominis makes a snake come bite me" he joked.

As we were about to walk inside Ominis appeared.

"There you are my beautiful butterfly" he hugged me and carried me back to the edge of the balcony. Jasper waved at us goodbye as he entered inside.

I leaned up and kissed Ominis. His lips were warm. "Darling, I love you" he said placing his forehead above mine.

"I love you Ominis" I smiled. I watched as Ominis took out a flower from his pocket and placed it gently in my hands.

"One last flower for the night" he smiled as he cupped my cheek. My heart swelled at the sight of him under the moon. I moved closer to him and kissed him. Our kiss deepened by the second as he gripped my waist. He let out a soft groan causing me to smile into the kiss.

I felt something cold land on my nose and looked up. I smiled seeing the snow fall down. I stuck my hand out to catch some of them and watched them melt as they landed.

"It's finally snowing" Ominis smiled.

"It's beautiful" I giggled.

"Not as beautiful as you" he whispered leaning back into the kiss. "But it's time we go inside before you catch a cold" he grabbed my hand and we made our way back to the table.

I sat down next to Wendy who looked at me with a slight frown before smiling softly. Had something happened?

Everyone at the table smiled and laughed while Sebastian and Ominis bickered as always. I looked at Wendy and she seemed to be fine now. She was smiling and laughing while she gripped onto Sebastian's arm. Maybe I was just overthinking it. I had been on guard since the boxes, and not to mention the last incident at the ball.

As the night began to die down we all said our goodbyes and departed. Ominis smirked at me before placing kisses down my neck. "Oh no my little Hufflepuffl the night isn't over for us yet" I felt shivers go down my spine as he whispered in my ear. What had gotten into him? I laughed as he pulled me towards the room of requirement.