Broken Toys

Sebastian's POV

This morning I decided to skip breakfast. I wasn't really hungry and I wanted to get the day done and over with. Not only that but there is a girl I was trying to avoid. She didn't understand that it was a three date rule and then nothing else.

We were going to work on Boggarts today in defense of the darks. Professor Hecat said we needed to retouch the subject once more before break. I was dreading it as mine has been the same for a while. It's always my sister crawling and begging for help. She looked sickly and it broke me. Those vile things knew how to get you.

So far, none of the cures I've tried had worked or made any progress. My sister always says she feels a tad better when I give them to her but I know she's lying. I am happy she found a way to forgive me for everything I had done and to our uncle.

I heard the door open and I turned. My cheek now flat against the cold pillow. Our room was dark but it didn't matter when one of us couldn't see it anyway. I smiled seeing Ominis.

"Did you have breakfast or did you have Penelope?" I asked Ominis. I enjoyed poking fun at him because how easily flustered he becomes.

"Sebastian Sallow! That is quite a vulgar question!" He yelled as he crossed his arms. I laughed until my eyes diverted to a familiar box in his hand. My smile dropped slowly.

"You were with Wendy?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, I needed help with something and she agreed." He said simply as he closed the door behind him. The light of his wand becoming a light source for our room.

"If you needed help with something you could have came to me"

"It was for Penelope's Christmas gift."

"Yeah, you act like I don't know her I could have helped. You didn't need to ask Wendy" I said a bit hurt.

"She's a girl and her and Penelope have become a lot more closer and we aren't avoiding her like the plague like someone I know. She's our friend you both are. You know you can always talk to her too" Ominis rolled his eyes at the foot of my bed.

I didn't know how else to respond to that. "So, I'm taking you aren't going to visit your family?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"No I've sent them a letter, but with no response. They hate me anyway so I don't think they care much about my absence."

"I'm sorry Ominis"

"Don't apologize, besides the Weasley house feels more like home than my actual home" Ominis said with a smile. One that I've rarely saw.

"For me too. Mrs. Weasley makes me feel like as though she's taken care of me for years. I'm excited to give her the gift we've all made. Penny's idea is the best one I've seen" I laughed as I sat down on the bed.

"Yeah it's lovely... Wendy sent these for you by the way. You know she still wants to be your friend even after the way you made her look like your other toys" Ominis said softly. He didn't seem angry with me just disappointed.

"Oh... I- I don't want them you keep them. I can't talk to her Ominis. I'm stupid and what I've done to her is practically unforgivable"