End of first period class, Chloe's talk, and delivery calls

In the bakery, the oven went ding, Shang put on his oven mitts, opened the oven door, then get the cake pan out of the oven, and put the cake pan on the table.

Tom: Thank you, Shang. We'll let it cool off before we start decorating it.

Shang: Okay.

Tom: And while we wait, I got some pies that needs to be baking. Mulan said that there's one more pie left on display, which is key lime.

Shang: Okay. *He takes two pie pans at a time and put them in the oven. Tom looked over at the fresh baked baguettes. *

Tom: They look ready to be restocked. What do you think?

Shang: (putting two more pie pans in the oven, then closed the oven door) I agree.

Tom: The cake should be cooled by now. *He felt the top a little bit and it's starting to cool off. * A little bit warm. Let's go ahead and make the icing and get the stuff for the Black Forest cake.

Shang: Okay. *Up front, the landline phone ringed, Melanie walked to the receiver, and put it to her ear. *

Melanie: Tom and Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie, how can I help you?

Caller: (through the phone) Hi, I'm Francine Durand from Claude Monet High School.

Melanie: (on the phone) Hello. What can o do for you?

Mrs. Durand: (on the phone) Well one of the teachers Ms. Moreau is retiring today. Her retirement was pushed to today since she's at her retirement age, so I would like to request a little celebratory cake for her.

Melanie: (through the phone) Okay. What size cake ado you want for her?

Mrs. Durand: (through the phone, Melanie writing down the order) A chocolate coffee cake is a good choice. With a vanilla buttercream frosting, make it shape like an apple.

Melanie: (on the phone, writing down the request) Okay. What size will the cake be?

Mrs. Durand: (through the phone, Melanie writes down the cake size) 1/4 sheet cake.

Melanie: (on the phone) Okay. A 1/4 chocolate coffee sheet cake. Is that about it?

Mrs. Durand: (on the phone) Yes, and the writing on the cake would say, "Bon Voyage, Ms. Moreau." in light purple writing.

Melanie: (on the phone, writing down the request) Okay. And where is this address?

Mrs. Durand: (on the phone) Lycee Claude-Monet at 1, rue du Docteur-Magnan, in the 13th arrondissement of Paris.

Melanie: (writing down the address) Okay. Thank you for your order, we'll have that ready to go for you, ma'am. Thank you. *She hangs up the phone. *

Sabine: (holding a box of fresh coquettes) We got another delivery?

Melanie: Yes. *She walked through the kitchen where she saw Tom and Shang frosting the Black Forest cake. *

Tom: Oh, Melanie. What'cha got there?

Melanie: (holding out a small piece of paper) Another order, Mrs. Durand, the principal of Lycee Claude-Monet high school, one of the teacher's name Ms. Moreau is retiring this year and she requested a retirement cake for her.

Tom: A retirement cake? Huh. It's not every day we've heard of that before. So, what did she say about what she wanted for the cake? *Melanie handed Tom the order she wrote down and he looked at it. * Hmm... a 1/4 chocolate coffee sheet cake with vanilla buttercream, the cake shaped to be an apple, the writing, "Bon Voyage, Ms. Moreau" in light purple writing. At the Lycee Claude-Monet. Okay, that seems like a promising order.