402

402. Pian (7)

Patter!

Belinda's soul suddenly begins to drip black bloody tears.

Thanks to this, Seongjin, who had been listening closely to her story, had to let out a silent scream as a horror attack suddenly struck his field of vision.

'Holy shit! For some reason he looked fine. After all, that guy is an evil spirit!'

Quick!

Fortunately, she quickly got over her emotions. Belinda continued in a wet voice, sniffing her black nose in a soulless way.

[And so I came to receive you there, my lord. Thanks to you, my empty soul has become extremely filled with joy and joy.]

"Well, Belinda. I'm sorry about the story... ... ."

Seongjin couldn't help but point it out.

She is a member of the Penitent Church who claims to find refuge by the side of [Confession] through penance.

Even if Seongjin is indeed the [Archbishop of Rest] that Hayes says, isn't he from a completely different lineage from Belindane? But is it okay to change the object of worship like this?

But at that question, Belinda shook her head firmly.

[I have become a pure soul, and therefore I will never tell lies to my master. I could not have known that it was you who I must serve. O prepared one, master of the soul!]

Belinda's logic was simple.

The reason she served [Repentance] during her lifetime was because she thought he was the main god who appeared in the world under a different name.

There was a reason why all brothers of the Dark Church prided themselves as servants of the true Lord.

However, the one prepared for the main deity is now with [Rest], another manifestation of the main deity.

In other words, rather than serving [rest] itself, she is serving the Lord who will realize salvation through [the prepared one].

Seongjin, whose expression hardened at the explanation, was silent for a moment and then asked again.

"... Are you trying to avoid false salvation and serve another 'false'?"

[O Lord! Of course, the 'repentance' I believed in was false salvation. However, the will I felt from your 'left' was absolutely not a lie, as much as the promise of 'rest' that would last forever.]

"... ... ."

[I dare say that the place where you are is the only 'other side' that exists in the world.]

The large woman, with her body flat, raised her strangely shiny eyes and looked at Seongjin passionately.

[So, I will serve you with all my heart. If you want, I can show you the proof right now.]

"evidence?"

[yes. I will turn my back on the beliefs I was born with and only follow my master. I will help the owner find the missing Giacomo Milo. I will tell you everything I know about the Penitent Church, as much as you will allow!]

... Oh my.

What passed through Seongjin's mind at that moment was not joy, but subtle discomfort.

Somewhere, as the workload increases, I think I can hear my father and Sir Martha sighing?

* * *

Premonitions are rarely wrong.

just as expected. Masain, who heard about Seongjin's plan, put his hand on his upper abdomen and sighed heavily.