438

438. Secretary of the Immortal (11)

Martha was always powerless in the face of violence. He was quite accustomed to being exposed to absolute violence that he could not fight against with his own strength alone.

People who have experienced complete despair become numb. Martha had no choice but to learn this herself in an unpleasant way during her lifetime.

But here, in the realm of rest, things were different. Every soul could rest as much as it wanted, and while asleep, absolute safety was guaranteed under the protection of its master.

Martha was still insensitive to violence, but this was not a reaction from despair as when she was alive, but from a strong sense of stability. That's why, even when a commotion breaks out that shakes her world, she can remain calm, unlike before.

Whirling-

dump! Fluffy!

Bodies swept away by the explosion fly like fallen leaves. Then, he was violently thrown to the floor along with the broken tombstones.

Ah, rest! Fortunately, those fragile souls were still safe and in a peaceful sleep.

However, if the commotion continues, eventually their rest will be interrupted and they will wake up. It was never a desirable phenomenon for the conflict between the two to continue.

[...] They will soon appear now.]

Martha held her breath and waited for the giant spirit to appear a moment later.

Nowadays, half-hearted souls like Hayes and Belinda are fighting each other, claiming to be superior, but as far as Marta knows, there are truly strong servants of the master. Each one of them has tremendous power comparable to that of a low-level demon lord.

They usually fall into a deep sleep like their owners, but when there is a disturbance in their realm of rest, they return from rest and easily organize the situation.

Like right now.

Woooooo... ... .

With a bone-piercing sound, a skinny corpse of a giant slowly rises.

The old-fashioned lace wrapped around an arm like a dry old tree had faded to gray, as if to indicate the passage of time. Next, a muslin dress covered in dust and a swarthy face covered in white powder are revealed.

Beneath the rotting flesh here and there, hardened muscles and waxy fat can be seen. A gloomy and horrifying appearance, as if it were the embodiment of death itself.

Sigh.

The giant rolled his dry eyes, looked around for a moment, and then clumped his bony hands together.

Knock-!

At that moment, tremendous pressure came from above and below at the same time.

[...] ... !]

[...] ... !]

Hayes and Belinda's souls were crushed flat. Then he was buried among the broken tombstones and fell into silence. He was unintentionally placed on forced rest.

Perhaps it will take some time for them to wake up. By then, both of them will have cooled off a bit.

[...] I think it's finally become a little quieter.]

Hehehe... ... .

With a sound like a huge steel frame collapsing, the giant's body slowly lies back on the floor.

[Leave the fuss over this miserable old woman at least. Perhaps because part of his soul is constantly being summoned somewhere, this old man never feels refreshed even when he sleeps.]