434

434. Secretary of the Immortal (7)

That day.

The day when the red curse that had persistently chased from the capital covered the Gateway Fortress.

The sight of hell unfolding before Masain's eyes still remained vivid in his mind.

-Ma, Masain... . hurry... You should avoid... ... .

The first to fall down, covered in blood, was Masain's maid. Since he was an ordinary person without any divine power, he would have been more vulnerable to curses than others.

-Ah, Masaine! Why are you the only one so fine? Please, please share the blessings of Seonghwangga with us!

The faithful priest who had been praying for the people just a moment ago suddenly turned around and grabbed Masain's collar the moment the curse encroached on him.

He criticized Masain again and again for monopolizing the God's grace, and finally fell to the floor, spewing out red blood.

-Please take care of me. The only legitimate successor to the throne is Masain.

Even the commander of the Knights of the Imperial Guard, who had been admonished, died in tears of blood, and finally there was no one left alive in the Gate Fortress except Masain.

Spurrrrrrrrrr... ... .

And the red curse letters that covered the bodies of the dead.

"... ... !"

But now, years later, the same letters were crawling across Mores' small hands. Like a swarm of persistent ants rushing towards their prey to disintegrate it.

Masain froze.

I can't get closer.

It was a precious child who had become her life's goal, but even though her heart seemed to be burning with worry about him, Masain could not take any steps towards the child.

'Mores... ... !'

In the end, Masain had no choice but to stand there and watch the Holy Emperor and Mores completely disappear towards the Blue Rose Labyrinth.

* * *

Terrifying rumors were going around people's mouths.

-Something that couldn't have happened happened. The Church of Rest has gone into hiding in the heavily guarded basement of the imperial palace.

-They took advantage of the lack of activity to commit large-scale human sacrifice, and ended up bringing something evil into this world.

People were very nervous as they heard disturbing news for the first time since the 17th King Seonghwang came to power.

However, as the Holy Emperor remained silent and the Orthodox Church did not make any noticeable movements, the rumors soon began to die down. There was also a reason why most people were skeptical.

Of course, the Heresy Tribunal, which had to directly take care of the site where the heretic rituals were performed - the black altar, the numerous corpses burned by erosion, and the supply and demand of those who died after being cut by the Holy Emperor - continued to look suspiciously toward the Blue Rose Labyrinth. I had no choice but to throw it.

There is no doubt. The fact that erosion occurred clearly meant that something with demonic energy had appeared in that location.

And Prince Mores was at the scene where the evil devil worship occurred.

"So, you should refrain from entering the Blue Rose Labyrinth for the time being, Masaine."

As Masain adjusts his outfit for conquest, Cardinal Benitus warns him in a sharp voice.