490

490. Departure (11)

"...Lowering."

Seongjin, who had been taking a short nap, woke up to someone's call and frowned without realizing it. This was because he could smell a faint scent of alcohol in the air.

"Your Majesty, please wake up."

When he opened his eyes, Sir Kurt was looking down at him.

"The messenger I sent to the Marquis has returned. Shall I bring him into the room?"

"Huh? No. I'll go down. Is everyone gathered here?"

"Yes, your Majesty."

Seongjin got up and went out into the hallway with Kurt. He slowly walked a few steps, then suddenly turned around and asked.

"But, Sir Kurt?"

"yes?"

"You sure you didn't drink while on duty?"

"... ... ."

Kurt carefully observed Seongjin's expression.

Of course, it was true that I had a light drink with lunch. But wasn't that something I'd always done? Auror users don't get drunk anyway.

Moreover, despite his laid-back impression, Kurt was actually quite serious about his duties. That's why he never drank too much while on duty, and he would lightly dispel the hangover by turning on his aura the moment he finished his meal.

'You probably won't be drunk at all now, so why are you saying that? Oh, can you really smell the aftertaste of alcohol? Well, if you have such keen senses, you shouldn't be unable to detect the faint scent of alcohol on your collar... ... .'

Still, it was too sudden a point. Most of the resident knights of Jinju Palace are drunkards, and Your Majesty has never said anything about drinking alcohol before. Why are you suddenly making an issue of this?

"Answer me, Sir Kurt. Have you drunk?"

Kurt, sensing that Sungjin's mood was not normal, quickly tucked his tail between his legs.

"Yes. I'm sorry, Your Majesty."

"Yes. I'll let you off easy, Sir Kurt. Starting today, you're not allowed to drink for three days."

"... ... !"

Sir Kurt's eyes widen at the unexpected punishment.

Seongjin kept nagging at him.

"You know, drinking alcohol at every meal is an addiction. You know that?"

"Addiction... right?"

"Yes. Addiction. It's a lethargic mental state that you must absolutely guard against as an unmanned being. Why don't you try making dopamine in your brain in a healthier way than alcohol? There are many more novel and fun entertainments in this world."

"What's wrong with my brain?"

"Dopamine in the brain. If nothing comes to mind, consult me. I think I can help you train and feel a fair amount of thrill."

"... No, no. Down!"

Kurt responded hurriedly. That Dopa... I don't know what it is, but somehow the prince's help didn't sound very good. His survival instinct, honed through years of subduing demons, was now sounding the alarm like crazy!

"I'm sorry! I'll fix it right away!"

"Yeah. That's a good attitude. I'm saying this for your health."

"Of course, there is a possibility!"

Seongjin glanced at the sharp-tongued Sir Kurt, then muttered softly enough for him to not hear.