488

488. Departure (9)

... can you see me?

Sisley tilted his head at the man's absurd question.

"What do you mean? Of course I can see it. Or are you saying that you are a ghost?"

"... ... !"

Then, Draconian panicked and rummaged through his clothes in a panic. He was checking to see if the 'amulet' was damaged.

The amulet he had was an item from the psychic world known as a so-called 'magic item'.

The main purpose is [isolation].

It is an item that protects the wearer from all kinds of external environments, including bad weather. As proof, even in this fierce wind and rain, the hem of Draconian's clothes did not get wet at all.

Moreover, the 'isolation' was not limited to physical things. It distorted the perspectives of others and strangely hindered their perception, making it impossible to detect anything strange.

So, originally, it was normal not to recognize him properly even when you saw him. This is because you wouldn't normally imagine someone sitting peacefully on a beach during a typhoon.

But how?

"... Are you okay?"

Draconian, who had been looking back and forth between the amulet and the girl with a blank expression, adjusted the amulet to greatly expand the range of [Isolation]. He could no longer sit by and watch the little girl get soaking wet again in the heavy rain.

Shuyung-!

Then a transparent curtain covers Sisley's head and the pouring rain stops.

In the midst of the increasingly violent typhoon, the two faced each other in an unprecedented silence.

"... That's amazing. Is that a magical item?"

As the barrier blocking his perception disappeared, Sisley was finally able to examine the Draconian's appearance in detail.

He looked more like a bipedal reptile than a human.

A long, lizard-like face, and sharp, shark-like teeth in layers. Dark blue-green scales like rusted bronze... ... .

Moreover, its size was so large that if it were to straighten out its hunched body, it would be estimated to be about 3 to 4 meters tall.

In the first place, I couldn't understand why I thought he was a 'man', or why I was confused about whether he was human or not. Of course, that was also the effect of the 'talisman', but there was no way Sisley would know that.

"... You're quite a reckless kid. As you can see, I'm not human. But aren't you afraid of me?"

Draconian looked down at the girl who was examining his appearance with clear eyes, as if he was curious.

"You're a heterodox, aren't you? I read that in a book once."

"book?"

"Yes. I have read that somewhere in this world, there exists a race of aliens with a much more advanced civilization than Delcross, which is not well known."

Sisley looked with interest at the exotic cloak he wore and the beautifully crafted jewelry he wore.

"We, the Draconian race, have a book here? No way... I haven't heard of it yet."

"Because it's not a book that anyone can easily read."

'The Chronicles of Delcross' is a book that exists only in Sisley's dreams.