455

455. Kaya's Breath (4)

As expected, something is very wrong with this.

Even as he muffled his footsteps and approached the assassins, No. 21's mind continued to suffer intensely.

'It's not too late, we have to stop Prince Mores now... ... .'

'But you haven't even bothered to listen to me until now, right? After all, I should have reported to His Majesty on my own... ... .'

'No, this matter has already gone far beyond my discretion. In that case, even if things go wrong, I have to do my best by being by the prince's side... ... .'

Then, No. 21 was embarrassed when he realized that he had been handing over the leadership of the operation to Prince Mores.

"... ... ."

Ah, yes. Originally, this was something that could not have happened.

Even if he showed genius achievements in some skills, they would not be able to replace the prince's lack of experience. Now that things have come to this, from now on, I, who have received formal training, must take the lead...

'there.'

Sasasak.

However, even while his mind was busy, No. 21's feet were steadily moving to another cover according to the prince's hand gesture.

'Stop for a moment.'

'... ... .'

As he followed Prince Mores diligently, No. 21 was slowly realizing the true nature of the strange sense of déjà vu he had felt earlier.

Isn't this familiar, like when we once carried out a joint mission following a veteran senior informant?

'No, no. Rather than that... ... .'

Perhaps it was a pattern of behavior that had been deeply engraved in his bones long ago, perhaps even from the time he was a Kike.

-what? Let's go into the western mountains? Are you crazy, Bart?

-We also have luggage! There's no way this number of people can properly deal with Hae-soo! Are you willing to voluntarily roll into the den of sea beasts to avoid royalist pursuers?

A boy who silenced the rampaging Astros mercenaries at the time with just one word.

-My hunch is that it is much safer. I can assure you.

presentiment.

For those who know even a little about the prosperity of that time, it is a magic word that is more than enough to cover all incomprehensibility and absurdity.

and-

-Don't worry, Enrique. You are not a burden, you are the most important person in our group. Everyone will fight to protect you, so all you have to do is follow behind me.

-... huh!

The person who blindly trusted and followed such a boy.

On that day, Kike, as if possessed, followed Bat to the western mountains, and was finally able to safely cross the border of Ortona, which had become even more chaotic as the civil war was coming to an end.

And now, for some reason, No. 21 was feeling something similar to that time for the first time in a long time.

'Yes, that's right. I remember. It's like he's following his former Majesty... ... .'

Number 21, who absentmindedly thought of such a thought, suddenly came to his senses and shook his head. What a ridiculous idea... Have I finally gone completely crazy?