437

437. Secretary of the Immortal (10)

The road back from Furiano to Regina was long and tedious.

Rattling rattling.

Seongjin, who was shaking his body to the irregular vibrations of the wagon, raised his head for a moment and looked up at the open night sky.

The stars were blinking especially heavily today, and it seemed as if they were going to roll down like tears from the sky at any moment.

"new... Mores. Aren't you hungry? "Try some of this."

Owen handed me a small fish cake. It looks like he took some time to access Pangea Chronicle.

"You man, stop calling people strange names. "I'd rather just call myself a newbie."

"huh? really?"

Owen's face was pale.

"But is it still okay? "I'm comfortable with that, but I think other people might think it's strange if they hear it."

"What do you think? "It sounds much weirder if you stutter a beat every time you call me."

"Is that so?"

Owen nodded in understanding, then glanced to the side and asked worriedly.

"But you're a newbie."

"huh?"

"Brother Masain, will you be okay?"

"... ... ."

Seongjin briefly glanced at Masain, who was leaning against the corner of the carriage.

He got on the cart with a dazed look on his face and hadn't woken up for several hours. He falls asleep alone, leaving the prince to be guarded, which is absolutely impossible considering Masain's usual personality.

"It was a bit strange earlier. Maybe the guy who ran away from the sewer played a dirty trick on his brother. "It would be best to call the healing priests as soon as we get back to Regina."

"hmm."

"You can still see it now. It seems like I'm having a nightmare. What should I do? Should I give this limited edition eyepatch to my brother too?"

As Owen said, Masaine's face was distorted, as if she was struggling with something even in her sleep.

But Seongjin thought for a moment and shook his head.

"no. "Leave the eyepatch alone."

Somehow I feel like this isn't just a nightmare. Moreover, now I have a feeling that it would be better not to defend against external mental interference.

"Well, don't worry. Lord Masaine will be fine when he wakes up after a nap."

"Is that so?"

"huh."

Seongjin calmly nodded, but his slightly nervous hands were fiddling with the devil's lamp without realizing it.

Why not? According to the Demon King, it appears that it was Seongjin himself who actually made Masain fall into a deep sleep.

-Forget everything and just sleep, Sir Masaine. When you open your eyes later, you will forget all the bad things that bothered you.

After getting on the carriage, Seongjin tried to appease Masain by emphasizing that several times. Then, for some reason, he actually closed his eyes and fell asleep.

No, is it really right to just appease?

Seongjin still wasn't sure. For some reason, the more I uttered each word to him, the more an uneasy feeling arose as if I was directly cursing a person.