420

420. Freedom Underpass (2)

When Seongjin first discovered Owen hiding in the dark, he sensed a strong sense of strangeness from him.

'... Auror concealment? no.'

I could tell right away that this was not an ordinary 'Auror concealment'.

Rather than erasing the presence by finely adjusting the aura emission, it feels like a veil has been put on so that the aura activity itself cannot be recognized.

A fundamental interference with the laws of the world that distorts the senses and breaks down the boundaries of perception, making it impossible for ordinary people to even glimpse the essence... ... .

"... ... !"

Seongjin's vigilance was close to instinct. It's not mine, nor is it my father's, but is it the will of a third party who suddenly entered this world?

Before he could clearly perceive the situation, Seongjin's hand was already touching the handle of the nutcracker.

I didn't try to understand it any further. This is because I subconsciously felt that the more I learned about it, the less influence I had on it.

Whick!

But that was when Seongjin thrust his sword into the center of the sense of heterogeneity. The veil disappeared from sight as suddenly as it had appeared.

Next, the tip of the nutcracker's blade was a pendant that glowed the color of deep blood even in the dark.

"... "Owen?"

Seongjin recognized the milestone and the opponent at the same time, and immediately retrieved the nutcracker. His mind spins rapidly.

-Is this really it? Is that [signpost] created by Oracle and reflecting the spirit of Oracle?

When I first saw the milestone, I remembered Dexter screaming with extreme excitement.

-So, the principle of this engine editor is based on this [milestone]!

Dexter said at the time: [Homunculus Engine Source Editor] is modeled after the way the Oracle's advanced mental world affects the real world.

'So, the veil of concealment I just saw was a phenomenon caused by the laws of the normal world interfering with this world?'

The powerful will that intervened with a clear purpose that I felt in that split second.

'As expected, the will of the deceased grandmother remains in the milestone in some form. And I ordered Owen to-'

But Seongjin's thoughts stopped there. This is because Owen, who revealed her appearance, was looking at Seongjin with a vain expression, as if the sky had collapsed for some reason. The guy's condition was too serious for her to say she was just surprised.

'Why is this guy so listless after coming this far?'

Now that I think about it, I think the way they respond to attacks is a bit strange.

Seongjin, who played the game together, knew Owen's strength well. He was a flying guy who slaughtered players with only a small one-handed axe.

What is it like in reality? Because he took the lead in breaking the pot of the mighty Barça warriors, he was already nicknamed [Invincible] on the front lines, right?

So no matter how fast I rushed in, I would have had enough time to defend myself.

"Hey, are you sure... ... ."

Isn't that status window controlling your mental state? Seongjin tried to ask that.

But that soon became impossible. This is because Masain and Dasha ran towards them in a huff.