427

427. Transaction (5)

It was inevitable that Furiano would become a huge refugee camp.

This area, located in central Ortona, is far away from the western mountain range, so marine animals rarely appear. The surrounding area was nothing but dry wasteland, so it was not an attractive land for cultivation even for the nearby lords.

However, the most important factor among them would probably be that Furiano was 'moderately' destroyed by the civil war.

To the extent that the Yeongju family gave up on rebuilding and fled, there were no infrastructure facilities left in good condition on the ground in Puriano.

On the other hand, there are still sewage facilities underground that are not completely destroyed. Thanks to this, even if a large number of people gather together and emit pollutants for several years, major diseases do not spread and the odor is maintained at a tolerable level.

"And the vast sewers of Furiano make a suitable hiding place. "It is no exaggeration to say that the most disgusting criminals are all hiding here in the underground sewers."

The man who took Seongjin's group by 'special delivery' said as he led the way.

He was a middle-aged man with a bushy beard, and he seemed to be a middle manager in his own right in the Liberty Underground, where the hierarchy was ambiguous.

"The people hiding underground here are not ordinary refugees or common criminals. They are serious criminals who must avoid the eyes of the Inquisitors. No wonder Giovanni is troubled by them."

The guide, who was continuing his explanation, stopped in front of an old tent standing between two broken walls. Then he started banging on the tent and getting irritated.

"hey! How many times have I said this! I'm telling you not to keep pitching tents between passages! "What if I block people's paths?"

Then the refugee jumped out of the tent and took it away with a dissatisfied expression.

Toad-duk-duk.

Soon the obstacles disappear, revealing a narrow and dirty alley.

"This is the shortcut."

As I followed him through the winding alley, a wide square appeared in front of me. It is a cluttered place filled with dirty tents.

"How far did I go? Oh yeah. Some of those who have gone into hiding are heretics, such as alchemists or magicians, while the rest are all evil devil worshipers. They are out of sight... hey! Don't look around too much. "People may misunderstand that you are starting a fight."

Owen suddenly receives attention and turns his head in surprise.

Then Masain, who had been following quietly until then, opened his mouth to the guide for the first time.

"But is there any point in avoiding eye contact with us? "People are already looking this way."

As he pointed out, Seongjin and his group were attracting people's attention as soon as they entered the refugee camp.

People who brushed grass and mud to dry, and people who knocked out laundry near a dirty water fountain. The moment everyone spots Seongjin and his group, they stop what they are doing and fix their gaze.

"The atmosphere is a bit... ... ."

It was no wonder that Owen was whispering with a tired face. The sight of skinny people covered in soot with expressionless faces and flashing eyes was, at first glance, bizarre.