483

483. Departure (4)

In this way, Berseus and the wizard were finally able to establish a proper dialogue, although one of them was clutching a sharp axe, while the other was looking strangely anxious, trying to keep his dangling head upright.

Eventually, the wizard gave up trying to maintain his balance, ripped the head completely off his body, and hugged it to his chest.

"My name is Sobie. Sobie of the Black Forest. But Lord Dacianus has always nicknamed me 'the Wise Owl.'"

She introduced herself as 'Dacian's last disciple.' It was a sound that could easily be dismissed as a bluff, but the other person was a real wizard who showed the ability to move unharmed even when his head was cut off.

Berceus asked after staring at the cross section of Sobier's shattered cervical vertebrae, torn muscles, and neck without any blood flowing at all.

"Then you must actually be from a long time ago. You don't look that old, but what era are you from?"

"well. The Black Forest is such a remote place that I was ignorant of its history and situation even while I was growing up there. "After I properly entered the mysteries, I didn't really count my age."

"... ... ."

"But even after I went underground to conduct research, it seemed like the empire had changed rulers for at least seven generations."

Since the era of Dacian goes back at least to the reign of the 4th Holy Emperor Constantine, this meant that the wizard was an old monster who had been at least hundreds of years old.

"So, you succeeded in creating the 'Soul Wall' based on the secret recipe left behind by your ancestors?"

"Yes, Marquis d'Arciano. "It was a long and arduous process, but it was well worth it."

The answer came from the cradled head, but the wizard's severed head also shook back and forth in response.

The sight was so unpleasant that for the first time, Berseus regretted his cruel hand.

"Then what happened to your ancestors who taught you?"

"Unfortunately, Dacianus did not stay by my side for very long. "Before I could complete 'The Wall of the Soul,' he suddenly left one day, leaving behind all my research materials and legacy."

Sobi touched her head in her arms in a somewhat sorrowful gesture.

"But I believe that he still lives somewhere on the continent. Just as this insignificant disciple did, the great wizard has finally achieved immortality by forming the 'Wall of Souls'."

Well, guess what.

Berseus did not completely believe her when she said that she alone had perfected the secret to immortality. From the sight of her holding her fallen neck, she was far from being in a normal living state, and above all, a weak magical energy had been detected in her from the beginning.

And that feeling became complete certainty when I saw the item that Sobier had brought out, saying it was the 'elixir of immortality.' That black potion bottle was apparently oozing ominous magical energy.

"Wizard. "You borrowed the power of the devil."

"... ... ."

"There is absolutely no way to explain this magic otherwise."

Berseus radiated ferocious energy and tightly gripped the ax on his lap.

"I don't know how you manage to keep your soul alive after your death without being dragged to the Demon Realm. But you didn't obtain 'immortality' in the way your ancestors sought. Didn't you?"