487

487. Departure (8)

The death of Cruses shocked Cyprus.

He was a politician who was very active at the time. People could not easily believe that he, who was young and healthy even among the elders, had passed away so suddenly.

"Assassination?"

"They said there were no external injuries."

"Any traces of poison?"

"We need to investigate further, but according to the congressman, that too is unlikely."

The cause of death of Cruses was shrouded in mystery. No wonder, for who in the world would have guessed that he had been ordered to 'hold his breath' and had voluntarily closed his airway until he died?

With no trace of the conspiracy known, people's attention turned to his political legacy. Chryses was the leader of Helios, the greatest city in Cyprus, and a politician who enjoyed power rivaling that of a king.

Naturally, his son, Ambrose, who was called the 'Prince of Cyprus', was considered -

"I am still recovering from the aftermath of the fire. On top of that, I was so busy taking care of myself that I didn't take care of my father's health. The sadness and guilt still weigh heavily on my heart."

He respectfully declined the position of elder, hiding his sadness with dignity.

"It is unworthy for someone like me, with such shortcomings, to become an elder. I ask that you, the members, deliberate carefully and elect an excellent member who will continue my father's legacy as an elder."

In this way, Ambrose was able to avoid the suspicious gaze of some who thought he was the one who instigated the murder.

The Cyprus Council was in a state of unprecedented excitement over the sudden election of its elders.

A fierce public opinion war raged among several promising candidates who were being pointed out as potential future elders, and the council gradually recovered from the shock of losing a big name in politics.

* * *

On the other hand, there were some who were not happy about this situation at all -

"I really didn't know things would turn out this way."

It was none other than the elder Teresilla, known as Chryses' political opponent.

The sultry woman moaned and tossed her hair in front of Logan and General Lysander.

"How could it be so twisted! The more I think about it, the angrier I get and I can't stand it!"

Teresilla of Rhodes. A capable elder who is said to have led Rhodes, which was in decline, to a second revival.

Recently, she had been in a tense standoff with Elder Crises in the Council over the issue of the second departure. To this end, she often made time for conversations with Logan and General Lysandros.

But now that Cruses is dead, the meeting that was supposed to emphasize the importance of the second expedition has now degenerated into a place for Teresilla to lament her fate.

"I don't want to blame the deceased, but why did that author, Krystes, have to die at such a crucial time?"

"... ... ."

"What a terrible author! To continue to block my path like this until the very end... ...!"

General Lysander looks back at Logan with an anxious expression. It seems that he is secretly embarrassed that a prominent politician of his country is bowing down before the prince of the empire.