493

493. Stranding (3)

Prince Logan allowed Mitra to remain hidden, as he did not want the sudden appearance of the Draconians to throw the entire fleet into chaos.

"Surprisingly, you accept other races easily. Aren't you also a knight who believes in the Lord?"

Logan's eyebrows furrowed slightly at Mitra's question.

"The existence of a different race doesn't seem that strange to me. There was once an archaeologist in Ortona who only studied traces of the different race."

"... Ortona?"

"Yes. Not only that, but heterodox races often appear in Orthona's classical literature. I'm talking about the exquisite fantasy literature set in the era of the Three Elder Dragons."

"......."

Even so, aren't you an imperial person?

Even if some of the cultural heritage of the fallen nation remains, it has long been designated as banned books, so how on earth... ... .

Mitra naturally had doubts, but he did not dare to speak them out loud. This was because he felt a strange sadness in the calm expression of Prince Logan.

The age and sadness in this serious boy's eyes may have been even deeper and heavier than Mitra's. That's why Mitra secretly treated him as someone of similar age to himself, and he didn't feel any discomfort about it.

In any case, Mitra was promoted from a stowaway to a guest, and all of his stolen belongings were returned to him: his precious bottle of moonshine, his hatchet, and various magical items, including amulets.

"There is still some time before departure. Would you like to go to the port to get some food?"

"No, it's okay. I have a magic bag stocked with food."

The only exception was the 'Race Key', because the moment Mitra reached out for it, a wolf-dog quickly intervened, bit it, and ran away.

"......?!"

As if the dog's initial fierce wariness of Mithra had been an illusion, its mind was now completely focused on the key.

Could it be that he had guessed that the moment he got his hands on the race key, he would be able to escape to another dimension?

"Lee Seong-jin."

When Prince Logan, unable to stand watching, called out, the wolfdog came closer, hesitantly. Then, he gently placed the shining silver disc on the prince's hand, not Mithra's.

Then he stands between the two and growls loudly, as if he will never let this thing be taken away from him.

"......."

Prince Logan, who had been watching the scene for a moment, quickly guessed the dog's intentions. He said as he put the tribal key inside his coat.

"It seems like it wasn't you that this guy was wary of, but this thing."

When things turned out this way, Mitra was quite bewildered, as there was no way to seize the key from the powerful Sword Master with his own strength alone.

"But that thing is very important to me and to the world. I must get it back."

"I will keep it for you only while you are on board. I will return it to you as soon as this voyage is over."

Prince Logan, who had responded strangely, looked down at the wolf-dog and cautiously asked for consent.

"Is that okay, Lee Seong-jin?"