431

431. Secretary of the Immortal (4)

I know none of this is real.

Someone who particularly considers a life filled with fierce struggle knows very well that it is nothing more than a light illusion created out of generosity.

but-

[□□□.]

Amazingly, with that one voice, it was possible to add meaning to a battlefield that had always been lonely.

I could see it as a worthwhile fight to protect something precious.

[□□□.]

That's why I can't help but feel weak from the voice that still lingers in my head and calls my name.

That was why I ended up forgiving the annoying guy who I had vowed to thoroughly avenge, as if it were a lie.

A short time spent with an imperfect fantasy. Perhaps it was a rare day that could be called happiness.

So that time can also become a nightmare.

One day, when you open your eyes, you will realize that the voice that was always by your side no longer exists in reality.

* * *

"It's nothing special."

The boy answered calmly.

"Just because you and Masaine are right in front of me, it's kind of amazing, isn't it?"

I guess I'm still in a happy nightmare. After adding that, the boy slowly stretched out one hand towards the air.

OK-

Grumble!

As if the gesture was a signal, the flames that had spread in all directions quickly gathered around the boy.

The flames that instantly incinerated the wizard's workshop were now swirling wildly around the boy's body.

At first glance, a terrifying force that seemed as if it would swallow the boy whole.

However, to Owen, it felt like he was expressing his confused emotions to his son-in-law instead of an expressionless boy.

"Newbie, that fire... ... ."

"Oh, don't worry. It's not dangerous. "Because it's mine."

As he said, the boy seemed to have complete control over the fire. It is burning with the power to evaporate all the sewage water, but the proof is that not a single hair on the boy's body is damaged.

The fire did not get closer than a certain distance to Owen and Masain.

'but... ... .'

Why? Still, Owen was overcome by the urge to get the boy away from that flame right away.

Fire has always been a threat. Wasn't the fire that consumed his parents one day, and the fire that burned the world in his dreams one day, exactly like that?

'Wait a minute, dream?'

In an instant, a powerful realization struck Owen's mind.

Now that I think about it, I have seen this scene with my own eyes.

The scene of hell covered in dark red scars, and the sight of a boy calmly walking into it. The scene in that nightmare that I had forgotten for a while.

'It's also ominous. Newbies shouldn't be left like this!'

Owen, who vividly recalled the emotions of that time and his memories, became anxious. So he turned his head to find the person he could most rely on in the current situation.