469

469. Remarks (9)

One of Nate's greatest misfortunes was that the Oracle's power prevented him from forgetting any of his painful memories.

He remembered all the sounds he heard around him right after birth. Even though he had not yet learned to speak, he had stored the syllables of incomprehensible sounds in his head.

So in the future, he was able to reconstruct the cold voice of Bethsheba that whispered to him as a newborn.

-Don't blame me too much, baby. This is all for you. For you now, this power is nothing short of poison. If people discover your divine power, you will become a living icon of the Holy Emperor's family and be exploited and treated as a fountain from which divine power gushes for the rest of your life.

Perhaps the 'stigma' was engraved right after that. The only reason Nate couldn't remember its location was because he immediately lost consciousness due to the excruciating pain that cut through his soul.

On the other hand, one of Nate's greatest fortunes was that, thanks to the power of the Oracle, he was able to remember even the faintest auditory hallucinations he had glimpsed.

On the day the stigma was engraved, Nate remembered someone's voice urgently calling out to him.

-wait for a sec! do not do that! There might be another, better way! therefore... ... !

It was a fleeting moment.

However, amid all the thoughts that poured out through the decision to make a decision, the clear voice that particularly caught his ear remained in Nate's memory for a long time afterwards.

After learning the language and fully understanding its meaning, I understood that the owner of the voice was trying to stop Bethsheba with all his might for his own sake.

So sometimes I wondered who he was. Because it was almost the only warm memory left in the dreary period before and after his birth.

From then on, I would hear that voice once in a while if I could forget it. Most of the time, it was the moment when Nate faced her desperate crisis, like when she was branded.

-You have to be careful with that new escort. I remember. Never find yourself in a situation alone with that guy!

-Use that portal. Leave the rest to me. I am now stronger than I was back then. I'll take care of everything, so don't worry about anything, just trust me!

And now-

In this situation where he was thrusting his sword into his own stomach in front of a passionate agent, Nate unexpectedly heard the same voice as before.

[What are you doing? You idiot! Are you crazy now?!]

A strange sound that makes one feel like an adult, but also like an innocent child.

It was a moment of pleasure to hear a thought that had been heard for the first time in a long time, but Nate could no longer concentrate on that voice for long. Because she felt an excruciating pain that went beyond her body and ripped through her soul.

[No, why are you doing that? Why is everything you do so different?]

The voice was mad as hell, but the only emotions conveyed there were worry and affection. Even as Nate broke into a cold sweat at her pain, she was making excuses for him without even realizing it.

'Even if you can see through everything with your spiritual eyes, you cannot see your own soul until you die. In other words, while I am alive in the flesh, I will never be able to determine the location of the stigma. But I need to get rid of the stigma attached to me right now.'