489

489. Departure (10)

[Perceptual horizon].

This curious name comes from the sayings of the ancient theologian Granius.

He traveled the world on adventures in his later years, and is said to have said this while writing his representative work, 'Exploring the Strange Continent'.

- Go on an adventure. And explore! As we learn more about the world, our senses and thoughts will develop rapidly. Through the advancement of perception, humans will be able to rediscover new worlds that they have never seen before. A new horizon of perception is opening!

However, his words, which were intended to overcome the limits of perception, are now, absurdly, being used as words that clearly indicate the distinct limits of perception.

As a result of the adventurers' diligent exploration and navigation over the past hundreds of years, surprisingly, there really is a space beyond this world where human 'perception' becomes meaningless.

The boundaries of the world that were known to be unexplorable until now were as follows:

The Northern Magical Realm beyond the Black Forest and the Snowfields.

The western mountain range is so rugged that it almost pierces the clouds.

The southern rainforest teeming with all kinds of poisonous insects and sea creatures.

And finally, there is the tectonic horizon that divides the eastern ocean into long sections.

If you sail about half a day further east past the Krabat Archipelago, you will come across a deep sea where the water suddenly turns a dark color.

But for some reason, if they cross that boundary even just a little bit, the ships immediately lose their bearings and are never able to return.

The needle is broken, the wind is wild, and most of all, the sense of space and time itself is turned upside down.

Also, among sailors, there was a secret rumor that the [Perception Horizon] was the birthplace of sea demons. That was understandable, because colonies of demons that had not been seen before would suddenly appear as if they had moved from somewhere.

And those guys tend to be clustered around the horizon of perception.

so-

"My old friend is dying now, probably with a poisonous substance that is killing him from within, struggling alone beyond the [horizon of perception]."

In response to Mithra's heavy lament, Sisley could not help but naturally raise this question.

'I wonder if that guy is a sea demon?'

Of course, she had the courtesy to not ask that question out loud. However, Mitra, who was quick-witted, saw the girl's awkward expression and immediately read between the lines.

"Oh, you want to know if my friend is a demon? No, absolutely not. He is another species that humans do not know much about. He is a rather gentle and elegant sea tribe."

"I didn't think of anything so rude."

"......."

"Really."

"hmm......."

Mitra let out a soft groan, picked up the bottle and drank the moonshine like water. It seemed like he wanted to forget his stuffy feelings through alcohol.

"Well... in reality, it might be meaningless to distinguish him from the devil. He was losing himself so quickly that now I'm not even sure what he's turning into."