430

430. Secretary of the Immortal (3)

The beginning must have been a simple idea.

If the mortgaged soul is bound to fall into the hands of the creditor upon death, wouldn't it be possible to obtain some grace period by binding the soul to the body?

It is probably impossible to make the body itself live forever. Even with the help of divine power, which is considered life force itself, the limits of life were clear.

Didn't all the previous emperors who were called representatives of the main god, and even the first emperor, who was said to be a demigod, only last for 300 years?

So thought those who knew the mysteries of the world.

If so, how about this? What if you could deceive the body, deceive the soul, and eventually even 'death' in a different world that escapes the laws of this world? What if you could avoid the eyes of cruel creditors for a while using a secret trick with a little expediency?

Wouldn't it be possible to prolong this miserable life just a little bit?

'It was a natural idea, but it was also a very dangerous idea.'

What happens when the soul cannot leave the dead body in time is more terrible than you can imagine.

Perhaps, if those who tested the secret art had spiritual eyes, they would have been able to witness their failure vividly on the spot.

The human essence that is slowly decaying along with the body, the miserable appearance of the soul.

'Your father once said that too, right? 'The soul is constantly influenced by the body.'

Therefore, the soul bound to the rotting body had no choice but to be ruined miserably.

With the decaying and collapsing skin, you lose your form, and with the melting brain fluid, you lose your senses.

Without knowing why their essence is being completely corroded, they simply scream in animal-like pain and fear for a long time.

Just like that.

[Ahh... fat... Off... I... why... Hehehe... ... !]

When Seongjin waves his hand, dark red flames transfer to the decayed organism that was sinking on one side of the waterway. It was the terrorization of Gehenna.

Grumble!

The fiercely burning fire instantly incinerated not only the shredded flesh but also the white bones.

At the same time, the soul that was crying in pain was engulfed in dark red flames and soon completely disappeared.

[Pick... Jjiji... ... .]

The same goes for the unidentifiable foreign matter stuck to one side of the damp wall. With just a glance from Seongjin, they were instantly and cleanly set on fire.

Completely flawless combustion without even smoke.

[...] Nyaooo... ... .]

[Grrrrr... Fuck!]

The more you walk, the more various souls bound to rotten flesh appear before your eyes.

Seongjin laughed.

'That's a good thing. Take a look at those things. 'How long have they been doing this?'

Suddenly, I had a strong urge to sweep the entire underground sewer with the fire of Gehenna.

But I'll have to endure it. If you do what you want, the entire Furiano will probably become a hell where no life can survive.

"So, just burn away cleanly."