426

426. Transaction (4)

"... father... ... ."

Hearing a low muttering sound, Owen turned to look at the boy sitting next to him.

Mores had been dozing off while hugging the lamp, and his eyebrows were slightly furrowed as if he was dreaming.

'Isn't the bed comfortable?'

As Owen moved aside the rolling luggage at his feet, the boy opened his mouth once again.

"... So brave... recognize... If you avoid... ... ."

... Should I wake him up?

As he was thinking about it, Masain opened his mouth as if he guessed what he was thinking.

"it's okay. "You're just talking in your sleep."

"Are you talking in your sleep? "Aren't you having a nightmare?"

"That won't be it. Because you do that every time. This is my first time seeing you talk in your sleep while taking a nap. "I don't often take naps in the first place."

This doesn't happen once or twice.

Owen, feeling a little relieved, took off his old cloak and draped it over his shoulders, and Mores muttered again like a sigh.

"So, just a little... This guy... ... ."

* * *

While Edith and Bartóza were walking endlessly along the valley, the sun had already set and a dark evening had arrived.

Hmm hmmm, hmmm~

Edith, who has become more energetic thanks to her divine power, occasionally hums a song.

However, in the case of Bartoza, the situation was a little different, as he glanced at Edith with sorrowful eyes and was breaking into a cold sweat.

'excuse me... Woman, you're in big trouble! 'Ichi hasn't been breathing since a while ago!'

However, since I don't know the imperial language, there is no way to convey the message.

Bartoza gritted his teeth and carefully felt the monster he was carrying. I was already scared because I had no energy at all, but now my pulse and breathing were completely gone!

'... After all, this person is an evil spirit from the other world!'

Nevertheless, the only reason why Bartozza did not stop walking was because of the monster's last words.

-I have an audience so I'll come by for a moment. Walk along the waterway without stopping. When the sun sets, you will meet the person who came to meet you.

Should I run away now? Bartoza thought seriously.

'But isn't it a monster that comes back to life even if its neck is broken? They will chase me to the end of the world... ... .'

Fortunately, Bartoza's agony did not last long. Before the sun completely set, they were able to spot a wagon covered with fresh packaging and a small bonfire burning in front of it.

"ah! "Priest Bart said there would be a group nearby, and he was right!"

Edith smiled happily and approached the bonfire.

The person guarding the fire was a young man who looked somewhat tired. He was wearing shabby clothes that only farmers would wear, but judging from his sharp eyes and the long scar around his mouth, he did not look like a person who was peacefully farming.

As soon as he saw Edith and the others - to be exact, the bloody priest who was being carried by Bartoza - he stood up in shock.

"... Peha?!"