458

458. Kaya's Breath (7)

When No. 21 destroys a suspicious altar. And when half of the assassins led by Olivier fell unconscious-

At the same time, a similar change occurred in the assassin who was confronting Seongjin.

Shake it up, shake it!

The woman who was engaged in a fierce sword-to-sword confrontation suddenly lost strength and collapsed to the floor.

Phew!

Seongjin, who did not miss the opportunity and plunged the nutcracker into her neck, took a moment to catch his breath and looked down at the sight of the life slowly fading from the woman's eyes.

'Did No. 21 somehow do it?'

It was a pretty formidable opponent. To the extent that one suspects that the identity of the soul controlling their bodies may be Noh Ik-jang, who has been honing his assassination skills all his life.

'But since it was not the original body, the limits of the Auror class were also clear.'

If the amount of Aurors was similar to each other, I could confidently say that they were not inferior in terms of skill in using Aurors.

Of course, I don't know what the result would have been if the opponent had jumped at the second, third, and fourth shots while switching bodies.

After confirming that there were no more hostile signs nearby, Seongjin followed No. 21's sign and walked into the basement.

'This... It seems like a fairly well-maintained base, doesn't it?'

On both sides of the long hallway, food warehouses, armories, and lodgings come into view. Judging from the long history of use of the facility, they are probably a force that has been operating here since ancient times.

I feel like I have some idea of ​​their identity.

'Kaya's Breath.'

One day, I learned in detail from Dasha about the genealogy of an assassination group that was operating in secret on the continent.

Among them, 'Kaya's Breath' was the most active group in the northern region, including Ortona. A historic assassin group that mainly uses stilettos and once achieved a balance of power comparable to that of the 'Hand of Oberon'.

Naturally, another question comes to mind. What on earth do they have to do with the freedom underpass?

'If you create and move a secret base anywhere in the North, the radius of influence will inevitably overlap with the Free Underpass.'

Since I was protecting Giovanni from the time I met him, they probably don't have an antagonistic relationship.

So, did 'Kaya's Breath' become a subsidiary organization of Freedom Underground? Or is it just a cooperative relationship of giving and receiving help?

Seongjin, who had been thinking about that, stopped for a moment in front of a large room. It was a place where suspicious signs had been detected ever since.

When I peeked my head into the room-

'... ... .'

Sure enough, there were eight men and women in stealth suits lying quietly with their eyes closed.

Did we collectively fall into a state of suspended animation? Looking at the auror activity crawling on the floor, it seemed like everyone was not in a normal physical condition.

'... 'It doesn't seem like he's conscious at all.'

What was also unusual was that a significant number of them were women of similar age to the assassins who had rushed in earlier.