472

472. Loser of the North (1)

Seongjin, who had been looking through documents until late, stretched and turned his head. The day had already set, and there was a red sunset outside the window.

Dasha, who thought she would wake up soon, is still in a deep sleep. It looks like she really suffered from severe aftereffects.

'I guess it would be impossible to leave today?'

So, Seongjin roughly finished the documents and gave instructions to No. 21, who looked somewhat nervous.

"My father is probably away now, so let's stay at Tere for one more day. "Be prepared to leave for Regina tomorrow morning."

Then No. 21 looked at Seongjin with a puzzled look. A rough interpretation of his expression was as follows.

-Why bother waiting for them to wake up? Wouldn't it be okay to just put it on the wagon and go?

Seongjin was dumbfounded. How dare this child treat his father like a burden just because he is a homunculus and not his real self?

"I'm not pressed for time, so why should I bother someone who is well-rested? Anyway, I don't have any sympathy. "Even if I don't see how you usually treat your father, it's nice to see."

"... ... !"

Number 21's face is distorted with resentment. He opened his mouth to protest anything.

However, his expression soon became serious and he closed his mouth, because the incredible deeds he had committed in the past quickly flashed through his mind.

The thing about roughly picking up a homunculus and carrying it around. It was something that was stored carelessly in a coffin and walked around. He even threw it to the bandits as bait and ran away!

'what? 'Have I served Your Majesty properly so far?'

Number 21 was greatly shocked by this new realization.

"What are you doing? Why don't you go and have a look?"

"... "Yes, I understand, sir."

Number 21 stumbled and left the inn.

The wagon prepared by guild leader Greta was still standing there.

After untying the mules to one side and feeding them fodder, No. 21 worked hard to tidy up the interior of the wagon.

'It's not enough to serve Your Majesty. Should I at least make a cot in the corner?'

Then, something strange caught my eye.

Four dots in a triangle. Under the sign of the free underpass engraved on the corner of the carriage, there is a small note that was not there before.

Number 21 felt a strange sense of discomfort and tore off the note.

-Isn't it time to relax? You should never forget where your hometown is.

No. 21's eyes darken after reading the short message written on the note.

okay. At this point, it was time for his news to reach the human's ears. This is why he wanted to open this place as quickly as possible... ... .

'Of course I don't forget where I come from. But I'm not going to do it the way you want me to. never!'

Quack.

The small note was crumpled under my tightly clenched fist.

* * *

When Dasha came to her senses, it was after complete darkness had fallen on the inn.

"... here is?"

"senior! Are you okay?"