432

432. Secretary of the Immortal (5)

Emotions do not occur independently without memory. Also, when memories exist, it is inevitable that emotions will arise, no matter how big or small.

In other words, the combination of memory and emotion is like a kind of basic unit that constitutes human consciousness.

And only when this is maintained intact can the human spirit be said to have continuity.

"... ... ."

Seongjin opened his eyes with a clear mind for the first time in a long time.

It has been a long time since the memories and emotions experienced by the soul were transferred intact to the body. So, Seongjin lay down on the floor with her and pondered over her memories from just a moment ago with a new feeling.

'father... The atmosphere was something different from usual. He answered my questions directly and in detail.

Although Seonghwang rarely speaks, he sometimes gives detailed explanations to Seongjin when circumstances allow.

A representative example would be the spectacular self-harm show I experienced while drinking medicinal tea the other day.

'And so do I. I was able to ask my father about something that had been bothering me recently without any hesitation.'

It was like that that day too.

On the day that Seongjin expressed the shameful anxiety he had been suppressing, Seonghwang asked him this.

-But have you thought about this? Why didn't you ask me this a long time ago?

This time, Seongjin openly confessed to him the feeling that something was constantly being twisted. Of course, that question presupposed the fact that he, the next generation oracle, was already unconsciously planning many things for the future.

So originally, voicing that question would have had a big impact on cause and effect.

-Then, why is it only now that I am finally able to say that question out loud?

So, how was it possible for something like that to happen this time?

The answer was also in my old memories. Because Seonghwang said this to Seongjin that day.

-That's because you have now, however clumsily, escaped the dimension of Delcross. You were probably instinctively aware of the conditions and restrictions to fully belong to one world.

Then there is only one conclusion.

'no way... Does this mean that the place I was with my father just now wasn't in the Delcross dimension?'

At first, Seongjin thought it was just Seonghwang's spirit staying by his side and talking to him.

But in reality, that wasn't it, was it that his soul left this place and flew somewhere far away?

When his rapidly spinning mind finished thinking about that, Seongjin suddenly realized that his vision was a little strange.

I obviously opened my eyes in a normal state... ... .

'Why can't I see anything in front of me? Is it already night?'

Seongjin blinked his eyes.

"... uh?"

But Seongjin was taken aback for a moment before he realized that something thick was covering his vision.

When you tear off the clinging object with your hand, you can see the embroidery in the shape of a rabbit with its eyes peacefully closed.