424

424. Transaction (2)

Seongjin had thought that way before.

In order for Logan to stand proudly in front of the Ortonans one day, something special will have to be done.

-I was just running away. I was afraid of the cold stares I would receive from them, so even though I knew the shortcut, I couldn't enter.

Logan once said that.

It would be a natural concern. This guy is not a proud general who fought for his country until the end, but the prince of the empire that destroyed Ortona.

'Originally, I would like to forget about my difficult past life and live a new life as a prince of the Holy Emperor, but... ... .'

Perhaps with Logan's personality, such a thing would never be possible.

Besides, Seongjin has already heard it. On that evening when heavy rain poured down, Logan, drenched in rain, poured out his sincerity with great difficulty.

-I thought I could handle any stigma, but in reality, I was not prepared to properly face any of my colleagues from my past life.

It's a bit annoying, but in other words, it means that Logan wants to stand by his friends from his past life, even if it means receiving a lot of stigma.

So Seongjin thought.

'okay? Aren't you ready to face it properly? Okay, then I'll force you to prepare!'

So what I came up with was the so-called 'Unite Daedong through Soccer' operation.

This strategy was inspired by the experience of a co-worker who was a fan of a famous soccer team, who went to the team's hometown on vacation and received a great welcome.

My boss, who was a typical old man, had his face relaxed as if he had just been to heaven. Since ancient times, in the world of die-hard fans, there are no races or borders.

'That's why I'm insisting that I'm the general's biggest fan!'

Anyone from Ortona, especially someone with ties to the old republican government, can't help but like our Logan, or rather Gael Bertran!

'How could you be so mean to someone who has the same idol as you?'

Whether or not Logan will welcome that measure is a separate issue. What can I do? That innocent brat has no choice anyway.

Of course, I had no idea that I would meet the remnants of the old republican government so soon and test the strategy of 'uniting the great East through soccer.'

"... yes? yes?"

Look at that. After all, it works.

Look at Giovanni's dumbfounded expression! This genius and groundbreaking strategy will instantly banish any antipathy toward the empire from your mind!

Whiiing-

A heavy silence falls for a moment in the barn, where the chilly late fall wind blows. The only thing that moves is the devil's lamp that occasionally flickers a dull light.

[Hey, Seongjin Lee. I think you've had a serious negative impact on his first impression... ... .]

shut up! No way!

* * *

Anyway, they successfully (?) brightened the mood and were able to change the topic to 'Giacomo Milo' in earnest.

"As you might have guessed, we currently have a new recruit for Giacomo Milo."

Giovanni calmly admitted. Fortunately, he didn't seem to have any intention of making an issue of 'Bertrán & Lee' anymore.